Sponsored by:

Electra Glo LED DTC b2156 Code Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:04 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Electra Glo LED DTC b2156 Code Issue

'14 Limited here, just installed the Electra Glo LED, works fine with the tour Pack installed...removed tour pack, and I get this consistent DTC code b2156=right turn signal issue, right turn arrow dash board indicator flashes fast, like the bulb is burnt, however, what is interesting, the front Custom Dynamic LED right & left Electra Glo indicator flashes just fine.

I have flashed the right & left turn signals including the four way emergency flashers, still unable to get rid of DTC code...It seems after about 15 to 20 flashes, that is when the right arrow turn indicator will begin to flash rapidly, other times , it take about 25 to 30 flashes, them the rapid flash occurs again.

Did anyone here installed the Electra Glo and had experience the same issue? Just to summarized my setup:

1. Works with fine with the tour pack installed
2. Tour pack removed, DTC# b2156 returns

Other LED lights: Custom Dynamic Front LED light

Old 08-11-2014, 01:12 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Wow no else except two '14 Limited experiencing the b2156 left turn signal issues after removing the tour pack, as most have the tour pack still connected to the electrical system...

If any of you have the Electra Glo, light installed on your FLHTK or FLHTCU, and have time, unplug the two electrical connectors just behind the read seat to simulate no tour pack running, turn, & brake lights and see if you get the same error both of us are experiencing...
Just trying to determine if I have a defective Electra Glo lights control module or not...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...g-tourpac.html

Old 08-11-2014, 08:53 PM
BigBill94
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi DC, I'm about to do this mod to my bike, probably tomorrow. I have the full Harley tour pack detach kit. '14 Limited. Even the same colors as yours. I was waiting for my Native Customs license plate holder to show, that got here today. I didn't want to use the stock Harley license plate holder since it sticks straight up off the bike without the tour pack installed.

BB

Old 08-11-2014, 10:17 PM
cfreeze
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do a BCM replacement procedure it will fix the flashing fast on the dash problem.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Wow no else except two '14 Limited experiencing the b2156 left turn signal issues after removing the tour pack, as most have the tour pack still connected to the electrical system...

If any of you have the Electra Glo, light installed on your FLHTK or FLHTCU, and have time, unplug the two electrical connectors just behind the read seat to simulate no tour pack running, turn, & brake lights and see if you get the same error both of us are experiencing...
Just trying to determine if I have a defective Electra Glo lights control module or not...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...g-tourpac.html
It's a pretty new bike - why not ask your service department or have them take a look at it?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Kevinch
It's a pretty new bike - why not ask your service department or have them take a look at it?
I ordered & installed the Electra Glo LED from Kutter, so I can take to my local dealer, but will probably may charge me to fix the issue...

Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cfreeze
If you do a BCM replacement procedure it will fix the flashing fast on the dash problem.
Is that the flash the right, left twice or three times and switch to the for way flashing/hazard process...did that already...

However, you just jog my memory about the a procedure that I should have done when I installed the Electro Glo...

What I think is happening is I did NOT do the BCM procedure while I had the tour pack and the Electra Glo...I think the BCM did not fully registered the presence of the Electro Glo and therefore every time I disconnect the tour pack LED lights, the BCM throws a b2151 & b2156, aka, no left & right turn signals...

I bet if I reinstall the tour pack and run the flash process, the BCM will finally register the presence of the Electra Glo...will have to try this at home tonight...

Old 08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BigBill94
Hi DC, I'm about to do this mod to my bike, probably tomorrow. I have the full Harley tour pack detach kit. '14 Limited. Even the same colors as yours. I was waiting for my Native Customs license plate holder to show, that got here today. I didn't want to use the stock Harley license plate holder since it sticks straight up off the bike without the tour pack installed.

BB
Hi Bigbill - yes same here, contemplated a lot about using the license plate holder provided by the kit and decided to go with the native custom license plate holder. By the way, make sure your left bag does not rub against the plate holder and if it does, you will need to loosen and adjust your left muffler to accommodate...

By the way, read my post above before you install the Electra glo to perhaps save you from the aggravation of the BCM not recognizing the new light. I guess most folks here have these new LED light installed by the dealer they have a process to clear the DTC codes. But folks that DIY, like us, discovers this things by trial & error...hopefully my theory works and clears this DTC code...on the bright side, the lights does still work and flashes normally, it just the annoying dash indicator that says..."hey man, you turn signals are out"...

Last edited by DC2009EGUC; 08-12-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 PM
BigBill94
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC2009EGUC
Hi Bigbill - yes same here, contemplated a lot about using the license plate holder provided by the kit and decided to go with the native custom license plate holder. By the way, make sure your left bag does not rub against the plate holder and if it does, you will need to loosen and adjust your left muffler to accommodate...

By the way, read my post above before you install the Electra glo to perhaps save you from the aggravation of the BCM not recognizing the new light. I guess most folks here have these new LED light installed by the dealer they have a process to clear the DTC codes. But folks that DIY, like us, discovers this things by trial & error...hopefully my theory works and clears this DTC code...on the bright side, the lights does still work and flashes normally, it just the annoying dash indicator that says..."hey man, you turn signals are out"...

How did you connect the white power wire for the Native Customs LED frame to the bike and where did you route it?

Everything else so far so good.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

There is another thread on this issue started. Mine does the same. Installed the CD Ringz turns in the front and their suggested four way flash procedure worked fine to get the dash normal but when I removed the tourpak and installed the Harley saddlebag lights, the fast dash flash returned and the four way flash fix no longer fixes it. Called CD, they said Harley failed to account for the added resistance needed on their design

Quick Reply: Electra Glo LED DTC b2156 Code Issue