Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Lake George Red Roof Inn

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Lt Jake
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake George Red Roof Inn

Has anyone stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lake George? We usually go to Ramada for Ameicade but would like to try something else this year. Ramada has a not great restaurant that was closed last year. The Red Roof is next to Outback. One of the thing I was wondering is the parking for a 16 foot trailer there. Also accommodations of course. Thanks

Old 02-06-2018, 11:39 AM
y22c
Road Master
Received 163 Likes on 102 Posts

Try Treasure Cove Resort In Diamond Point(?).

Great food in Bolton Landing and plenty of space for a trailer. just let John know you have one.

The following users liked this post:
Groucho1 (02-25-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM
BigWaterJim
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 127 Posts

Check out the Lodges at Cresthaven. Awesome place. We had a two bedroom two bath with a Hugh living dining kitchen, deck for $120 each. 2 people. 1100sq ft. It was cheaper then a lot of hotels.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain
Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts

This is my first year going, I just booked the Comfort in...$569 for three nights including taxes. I'm going to poke around the "events" for info on the Americade but is there's anything I should know?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 02-10-2018, 09:31 PM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Monteman1971
This is my first year going, I just booked the Comfort in...$569 for three nights including taxes. I'm going to poke around the "events" for info on the Americade but is there's anything I should know?

Thanks,
Steve
Yes. Take the time to enjoy the backroad rides. A ride around the lake is awesome. Watch your speed as the police are in full force.

The following users liked this post:
Monteman1971 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 06:15 PM
WAYJO
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

We have been going to Americade since 1985. There is an endless amount of great roads to ride, although I will admit we do a lot of our riding in nearby Vermont.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I've been to Americade many times. I do the vendor stroll just out of 'tradition' but most of our time is spent riding. Lot's of really nice back roads. Head up to Lake Placid for lunch, take back roads into Vermont. Heck Montreal is only 160 miles up the road. We made that one a day trip for lunch one year.

Attached Thumbnails Lake George Red Roof Inn-view-of-winding-road.bmp   Lake George Red Roof Inn-on-the-road-14.jpg   Lake George Red Roof Inn-bike-americade-2006-7.jpg  
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The Red Roof Inn is in Glenns Falls. That puts you a few miles from the Americade "stuff". Thats not necessarily a bad thing, just pointing it out. They are also talking about closing some roads for block parties this year and they have not announced which ones. That may make it harder to get into town. Make sure you head over to McDermott's HD in Fort Ann. They always have a few vendors and the dealership is a good one to visit. Nice folks there. Finally, you may want to take a quick trip up to Warrensburg. They have a small setup with vendors too. Not a lot of stuff, but ok if you have a little time to kill.

The riding up that way is amazing. Great roads all around. The ride up 9N along the lake is a real nice ride with great curvy roads, several small towns to explore and some great views along the way.

Hope this helps, and have a great trip!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:37 AM
Clutched
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

I live about an hour from Lake George,Not a real big fan of Americade,Have not went in a couple of yrs.Maybe I will check it out this yr since its not Far.Alot of Cops,They charge you to get in the Venders,Go to the Boars Nest Sat nite a great time,The only Biker Bar there,its on Patten Mills rd on your way to Ft. Ann,Go to Stoney Creek Stoney Creek hotel is Cool,Sportys in Minerva nice place a Biker Bar,Lot of nice Back Roads I ride them all the time,Americade is a HONDA fest,Have Fun!

Old 02-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Groucho1
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default I second that...

Originally Posted by y22c
Try Treasure Cove Resort In Diamond Point(?).

Great food in Bolton Landing and plenty of space for a trailer. just let John know you have one.

ALSO....They have a beach area and spot on the water to relax and have a refreshment....John Seh, the owner is very accommodating to all.

Quick Reply: Lake George Red Roof Inn