Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Newark NJ to York PA and Gettysburg PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:33 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

CJ, I have contacted Patriot H-D. The marketing manager (Kevin) told me they have events (music, food, vendor, shopping).at Dealership Friday May 25 and Saturdy 26th ,10-6.
Ride of the Patriots and Rolling thuder Sunday on May 27, begin line up at dealership at 630am with start of ride at approx. 9 or 930 tbd.

He also let me know our riding group is welcome to join this event & ride.

Next thing to do for me is getting into contact with our Dutch Ambassy to coordinate a whreath laying ceremony in Memorial Park....

Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,212 Likes on 941 Posts

If you have the time I would swing down the Delaware river either on 32 on the PA side or 29 on the NJ side. Some beautiful riding. You could stope Either in New Hope Pa or Frenchtown NJ for a break. You could then head into Philly if you wanted to check out the Historical sites and museums....However riding in the city is a pain in the butt

Old 11-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
CJ, I have contacted Patriot H-D. The marketing manager (Kevin) told me they have events (music, food, vendor, shopping).at Dealership Friday May 25 and Saturdy 26th ,10-6.
Ride of the Patriots and Rolling thuder Sunday on May 27, begin line up at dealership at 630am with start of ride at approx. 9 or 930 tbd.

He also let me know our riding group is welcome to join this event & ride.

Next thing to do for me is getting into contact with our Dutch Ambassy to coordinate a whreath laying ceremony in Memorial Park....
Glad that things seem to be working out. Most of the nice hotels that are around Fairfax seem to be within 5-10 minutes of Patriot H-D. I'm pretty sure it was last year or maybe in 2017 that there was an evening ride from Patriot into DC and to The Wall which is the primary focus of the Rolling Thunder activities and perhaps there was also a Saturday day ride into DC. Those rides might have been led by the Patriot H.O.G chapter. Doing one of them might be an idea for helping you to get a feel for the area and the city of Washington.

As far as getting around in Washington, visualize a large + sign. The United States Capitol building is kind of the center of the plus sign. Washington uses a designation of NE (northeast), NW (northwest), SE (southeast), SW (southwest) after many of their street names. The top right quadrant of the plus sign area and streets will have a NE after them, the lower right quadrant will have a SE after them, the top left quadrant will have a NW after them and the bottom left quadrant will have a SW after them. As an example, I believe there is an 8th St NE, 8th St SE, 8th St NW and an 8th St SW. The quadrants are somewhat designated by using South Capitol Street, North Capitol Street and East Capitol Street, there is no West Capitol Street as their borders. I guess Constitution Avenue might be the equivalent of a West Capitol Street. SE and NE Washington is where much of the crime is and should really be avoided at night.

Hope some of the above makes sense as it could help you to get around in DC and to be safer.

Last edited by Xcrossbow; 11-29-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:44 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Hope some of the above makes sense as it could help you to get around in DC and to be safer.
It really does, thanks!