Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Loconia NH

Old 05-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,981 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick561400
I've always wondered about Laconia, I heard stories from grey beards and gals about wild **** going on, but when I pulled up it was hotdogs, fried dough and offensive t shirts (though I do love a good offensive t shirt). I've only been twice, the riding is wild, but being the only person I know who rides a motorcycle (millennials man) I never bothered to camp out by myself. I may just park it this year and see what trouble I can get into this year.
Nick, they,ve tamed Laconia down big time in the last 15 years---the stories you hear from old-timers are probably pretty accurate

Broken Spoke will give you some fairly timid stuff at night---Good Luck ,ill be there all week

Old 05-04-2019, 11:50 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick561400
I've always wondered about Laconia, I heard stories from grey beards and gals about wild **** going on, but when I pulled up it was hotdogs, fried dough and offensive t shirts (though I do love a good offensive t shirt). I've only been twice, the riding is wild, but being the only person I know who rides a motorcycle (millennials man) I never bothered to camp out by myself. I may just park it this year and see what trouble I can get into this year.
If you want more of an old time rally experience, head on over to the Harley Rendezvous.
Or might I suggest HogRock for a really good time.

The following users liked this post:
MadGriz (05-09-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Nick561400
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
If you want more of an old time rally experience, head on over to the Harley Rendezvous.
Or might I suggest HogRock for a really good time.
I heard about rendezvous, I'm contemplating going, I've been to the venue for a concert before awesome location.

Anyone riding out there from MA?

Last edited by Nick561400; 05-04-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:49 AM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Previous suggestions about Pine Hollow are very good. The Spoke has bands and activity, usually 10 hours a day. Pretty good up hill walk to the Looney Bin. But, a small and fun place.

Lakeside Ave is T'shirts and bars. Camping not close enough to walk. A lot of drinking inside establishments. Some with outdoor set ups. The Big House (formerly Paradise)
Patio Garden, and The temporary Road House adjacent to Farro's.

Best part about Laconia is the riding available in the area. Over to Seacoast, from Hampton to York. Bentley's in Arundel. Up into the Mountains.

The Vous is ride to, and from, no daily riding. A drunker than drunk experience. Need to get tickets now. A lot of people go and stay in groups. Keep to themselves mostly. Stay out of the porta potties surrounded by tents, those guys paid for them. A lot of music on the stage. Vendors for food, and they send around beer trucks. Very big place, walk around environment. Very limited public showers. Long lines. Plus, if you are awake during the day, you will see *****. Although that includes some you might not want to see.....

Old 05-14-2019, 07:19 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by puckoach
The Vous is ride to, and from, no daily riding. A drunker than drunk experience. Need to get tickets now.
I've been attending the Rendezvous for the past couple of years and did purchase my tickets in advance. But I believe you can get tickets the day of the event at the local Mariaville Lakeside Store.
I won't be attending the Vous this year. Lots of rallies around the US and competition is good. For me, it's not worth the $85 plus another $50 for early entry. I'll probably ride on down to the Junebug Boogie. Better entertainment, $40 entry fee, $10 extra for early entry. It's a no brainer...... The entertainment at the Vous has been going downhill. But as Mr. Potter, the owner of the rally says, "The Rendezvous was never intended to be a concert. Headliner bands are not the focus of this event". I can get together, drink beer and camp with my friends for a lot less than $85 per person.