Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Screw them, let them keep their town. I'll make sure I by pass that place when I'm in the area again

Old 07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
Here, let the figures speak for you.
Pages 9 - 15 are especially interesting.

http://http://www.newhopepd.org/docu...eport-2007.pdf
What I found to be interesting, was that over half of their annual revenue for '07 was generate from traffic and parking fines. The other thing that I find interesting, is the ratio of parking enforcement officers to the total # of officers on staff (5/17, not counting the chief, sgt, or cpls).

Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks. It only take a few asshats revving the crap out of their straight pipes to **** off the locals. Let's try to keep that in mind.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
glide008
Advanced

This sucks. It only take a few asshats revving the crap out of their straight pipes to **** off the locals. Let's try to keep that in mind.

No not true!! they are harrassing any biker .... revving your bike or not...Bunch of yuppie **** up there anyways! Keep that place to themselves many other little towns welcomin all bikers to visit! It used to be a nice place to ride to and have lunch. I was up that way couple weekends ago and decided to pass thru luckily didnt get pulled over,but you know what place was still packed and loads of bikes. Will be hard to keep everyone from going there so they(cops) are loving it and getting all the revenue for the town.
F*** New Hope!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

been going to n.h. for the last 20yrs havnt been harrassed also dont act like a jackass
usually go to frans pub. cheap food ,fast service . latley we"ve been going to french town n.j. for breakfast theyre so bike friendly that even have a motorcycle only parking lot .

JR

Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cardoctor

keep coming to Nh we love bikers up here all the local shops usually have 1-4 special events at their shops to keep the bikers from suround states to attend.. it works out pretty good up here when it 's riding season

Old 07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

n.h.=NEW HOPE

JR

Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master

Originally Posted by 3power
I guess you missed the part where the cop said he looked at the V&H logo on the pipes and then decided to pull out the sound meter. That's when we were sitting there at idle.

What really pisses me off, is that I was checking out the N.H.P.D. website. The links to their sound ordnance don't work, but there was a FAQ about what kind of sound meter they used. It stated such-and-such with an accuracy of 5%. Well, when the other guy w/ the V&H pipes and I got our tickets, my reading was 89.1 db and his was 88.9 db. According to the cop, the limit is 86 db. Let's do the math, 89.1 db minus 5% error would be 84.7 db (rounded up). That's 1.3 db less than the limit of 86 db. Not sure if I would have bothered to fight it anyway, as I would have had to take the day off work, etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That link doesn't work - http://http://www.newhopepd.org/docu...eport-2007.pdf
police department = http://www.newhopepd.org/

And I will never go there again

Last edited by mikeurig; 07-30-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mk1Racer
I guess you missed the part where the cop said he looked at the V&H logo on the pipes and then decided to pull out the sound meter. That's when we were sitting there at idle.

oops, I think my point was misunderstood. I didn't mean you were an asshat. What I meant is that the locals got pissed off at the guys who want to show the world how loud their bikes are (we all know the kind) and got the police involved. Now we ALL have to suffer because of it.

Quick Reply: DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This