Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:59 PM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to ride there years ago when it was fun. Went years without a bike and continued to driveup, stay the weekend at the Logan Inn. Always wanted to come back again by bike. Have heard about this for a couple of years now. F'm, i DONT go back, by car, by bike, walking, F'm. Plenty of other good towns that love bikes. Now i ride to upstate NY, a small town called Phoenicia (near woodstock and hunter mtn). Lots of small hotels and restaurants/bars. The local roads thru the mountains are FANTASTIC.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:27 AM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought that they only can give those tickets to pennsy bikes only your bike is not reg there the ticket is not a moving violation. As for the monitor the bike has to be running at 2,000rpm 2 ft up at a 90 deg angle to be measured right.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 AM
98glider
Road Warrior

Again another problem is 113 motors reving with the short pipes Now they are loud as they are screaming through the towns. i seen that happen in freehold reving so people can see me that I ride a harley some people just have to grow up i do not have the stock exhaust and you just have to take it easy around certain towns

Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM
cardoctor
Road Captain

had dinner in n.h. on sat night around 5 pm about 75 pagans rolled thru town . funny thing i bet they wernt pulled over by the police for noise . the police just followed the group. later a group of 4 with two truck towing broken down bike were followed thu town. the group was going toward washington cross.

JR

Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM
98glider
Road Warrior

The bikes were probably on loan from somebody

Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Bodyshot1
Road Captain

that does suck...always a nice run/time there. And so it goes....

Old 08-29-2009, 11:59 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mk1Racer
Wow, they must have cranked up the fine for loud pipes. We were on a ride early this year (2nd weekend in Feb.). The weather was warm (low 60's), and a couple of friends and I went out for a ride. Decided to go to New Hope for lunch. LOTS of bikes in town, as it really was the first nice day of the year. Anyway, we were on our way out of town, sitting in traffic, at idle. I see this cop walking up our side of the road. As he passes us, he looks over at my bike, and the guy behind me ('03 Road King w/ the same V&H Straight Shots that I have). He motions the two of us over to the side of the road. Mind you, we were not reving the bikes, just sitting there at idle.

He proceeds to pull a sound meter out of his back pocket, and checks both our bikes. We were 3 db over the limit. He then proceeds to write us both $85 tickets (that we could mail in), and then goes on to explain that V&H pipes are known to be loud. I had the baffles pulled on mine, where the other guy still had his installed. Mine was .2 db louder (89.1 vs 88.9).

What's really beat, is that there's no notice of a noise ordinance posted as you come across the bridge. And the New Hope cops have been a$$holes to bikers for years. They don't realize that the bikers actually help the local economy. The people on the bikes spend money, and the tourists go there to see the bikes. I've seen cops write tickets for bikes that had a tire barely touching the white line. I even saw a cop write a ticket for a bike that had his back wheel touching the curb!

I know this much, I won't go back. That really sucks that they raised the ticket price to $300 though, w/ a mandatory appearance.
I've gone there on a regular basis for years and have seen many examples of just what you're talking about.
My own daughter got a ticket for parking a couple inches too far from the curb. Guess you're supposed to carry a fricking tape measure with you when you park.

I can see the need for cracking down on some loud bikes as it's sometimes impossible to carry on a conversation at an curbside cafe. But they go out of their way to write tickets in that town and it just shows they see it as a source of revenue. They go far beyond maintaining order and keeping the peace. I see the same thing at some of the Jersey shore towns.

I'm done with New Hope. Won't spend another dime there.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
robandlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
My own daughter got a ticket for parking a couple inches too far from the curb. Guess you're supposed to carry a fricking tape measure with you when you park.
LMAO ..... You gotta be f'n kidding me !
What kinda dumbass's you got running towns down there ?
I guess you got to come to the " REAL " N.H. !
Yes ... That be NEW HAMPSHIRE !
No Helmet's and no CURBS ..... LOL .....
Rob .....

Old 08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
98glider
Road Warrior

Follow a cop,off duty, having some beers drive infront of them and hit your brakes let them slamm into your car and tell the officer that you smell booze on his breath and tell the cop that you were in town listening to bikes with loud pipes and they sound good

Old 08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

No New Hope for me. Too many freakin' yuppies (whiners) there. I'll ride elsewhere with my chaps and fingerless gloves.

Quick Reply: DO NOT GO TO NEW HOPE..... Read This