Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Mass

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

Here are 2 small mountains you can drive to the top of on pavement - both are JUST a few miles from Mass - I go a few times each year ...

Southern NH on Route 101 just over the Mass Border - Miller State Park - Small Mountain you can drive to the top of on pavement (for a few bucks - nice views)

Located on the 2,290-foot summit and flank of Pack Monadnock in Peterborough, Miller is the oldest state park in New Hampshire. A winding 1.3-mile paved road leading to the scenic summit is open for visitors to drive in summer and on spring and fall weekends. Picnicking and hiking are popular activities at the scenic mountain park. Three main hiking trails ascend Pack Monadnock to the summit. The best known is the Wapack Trail, which is a 21-mile footpath that extends from Mt. Watatic in Ashburnham, Massachusetts to North Pack Monadnock in Greenfield.

http://www.nhstateparks.com/miller.html

and another in Very in Southern Maine (York) 7 miles from Portsmouth NH

Mt Agamenticus

Paved road (free) to nice nice Mt views of the NH Maine & Mass coast ...

From the north via Ogunquit, travel from Oqunquit center south approximately 3.8 miles on US Route 1. Turn right onto Mountain Road. (Flo's Hot Dogs will be on your left.) Travel 1.5 miles to stop sign. Turn right to stay on Mountain Road and travel 2.7 miles to a gravel parking lot and the Mount Agamenticus access road on the right. You can park and access the trails here or drive to the summit.
From York and points south, take I-95 Exit 7 to US Route 1 and travel northbound approximately 3.5 miles. Turn left onto Mountain Road. (Flo's Hot Dogs will be on your right.) Travel 1.5 miles to stop sign. Turn right to stay on Mountain Road and travel 2.7 miles to a gravel parking lot and the Mount Agamenticus access road on the right. You can park and access the trails here or drive to the summit.

http://www.mainetrailfinder.com/trai...nt-agamenticus

The following users liked this post:
Mac daddy 103 (07-29-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 02:29 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Thanks Charlie. Didn't know this, very cool

Old 07-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie
Here are 2 small mountains you can drive to the top of on pavement - both are JUST a few miles from Mass - I go a few times each year ...

Southern NH on Route 101 just over the Mass Border - Miller State Park - Small Mountain you can drive to the top of on pavement (for a few bucks - nice views)

Located on the 2,290-foot summit and flank of Pack Monadnock in Peterborough, Miller is the oldest state park in New Hampshire. A winding 1.3-mile paved road leading to the scenic summit is open for visitors to drive in summer and on spring and fall weekends. Picnicking and hiking are popular activities at the scenic mountain park. Three main hiking trails ascend Pack Monadnock to the summit. The best known is the Wapack Trail, which is a 21-mile footpath that extends from Mt. Watatic in Ashburnham, Massachusetts to North Pack Monadnock in Greenfield.

Mt Agamenticus

From the north via Ogunquit, travel from Oqunquit center south approximately 3.8 miles on US Route 1. Turn right onto Mountain Road. (Flo's Hot Dogs will be on your left.) Travel 1.5 miles to stop sign. Turn right to stay on Mountain Road and travel 2.7 miles to a gravel parking lot and the Mount Agamenticus access road on the right. You can park and access the trails here or drive to the summit.
From York and points south, take I-95 Exit 7 to US Route 1 and travel northbound approximately 3.5 miles. Turn left onto Mountain Road. (Flo's Hot Dogs will be on your right.) Travel 1.5 miles to stop sign. Turn right to stay on Mountain Road and travel 2.7 miles to a gravel parking lot and the Mount Agamenticus access road on the right. You can park and access the trails here or drive to the summit.

Nice!!! I think I'm going to do MT Aqamenticus tomorrow

Old 07-28-2017, 08:24 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Mt Agamenticus

Cool! Mt. Agamenticus is in my neck of the woods, but never been there. Guess I oughtta.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Cool! Mt. Agamenticus is in my neck of the woods, but never been there. Guess I oughtta.
I just got back from MT Agamenticus and wow what a nice view up there. Definitely worth going

Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac daddy 103
I just got back from MT Agamenticus and wow what a nice view up there. Definitely worth going
Thanks. Was gonna try to go today, but got wrapped up in house projects.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:44 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockrivr1
I'm in Worcester.
I'm from central Mass and have been to Rock River a couple times. What a great place/area.

Last edited by oldhippie; 09-21-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM
old timer 1
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Figured I'd jump in this thread to keep it going and update ( possibly ) it...central Mass , Worcester , here . Don't know if it was already mentioned but the ride along Route 2 , basically from 202 heading West , all the way out to Mt Adams , then south and back along Route 9 East , perfect relaxed day ride .

Or the ultimate New England ride...we rode from MA up thru NH into ME , back through NH , through VT into NY , cut through southwest MA into CT , into RI then back up into MA...

7 states , obviously an all-day ride , has to be planned in advance and for the experienced riders only...but quite the accomplishment and worth a pat on the back when done...

Last edited by old timer 1; 01-10-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

We Are Everywhere ...
have to say the amount of dead heads I see here makes me very happy/grateful to be a member!!

Ill have to dig throught this whole posting..love to find some decent riding in MA.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Sidewind75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in MA as well Southbridge. just got a new 2018 Street Glide

Quick Reply: Mass