Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

anyone try using the new amsoil primary and tranny fluids

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 08:20 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Blehead
Who has that bag of popcorn?????????
So fun. Oil weirdos *and* ancient thread ressurection, what could possibly go wrong?

Old 12-13-2018, 08:24 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,549 Posts

I'm so glad this is another OIL thread, I thought you guys were going strange on me, using Amsoil on a Tranny. I'm way to conservative for that.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:45 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

This seems to happen every winter. I have no popcorn. I will say that I like Redline Shockproof in the tranny and have tried so, so, so many of the suggestions in the primary.... and hate to say it, but Formula+ in the primary feels the best to me.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:05 PM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

I have tried a lot of different oils and am always willing to give someone a shot but my first and only experience with Amsoil was at a local swap meet a few years back and I was looking at their display. The guy behind the table said "if you are interested I can make you a distributor so you can get it at a discount." First and last time Ill have anything to do with them. I was interested in their product, not being another AMWAY smuck. A few of my buddies have said the same. Sell your product fellas not your pyramid scheme.

randy

Old 12-16-2018, 04:50 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun1957a
I have tried a lot of different oils and am always willing to give someone a shot but my first and only experience with Amsoil was at a local swap meet a few years back and I was looking at their display. The guy behind the table said "if you are interested I can make you a distributor so you can get it at a discount." First and last time Ill have anything to do with them. I was interested in their product, not being another AMWAY smuck. A few of my buddies have said the same. Sell your product fellas not your pyramid scheme.

randy
Well it's not a pyramid scheme in that you can't make any money by selling more memberships or by their sales, nor is there the promise of such. What it does do is allow you to purchase directly from their website and get a discount. Order enough stuff and the discount is worth the yearly fee. If not, don't pay the yearly fee and no harm no foul. You can still buy directly from the website if you wish. It's a good deal for those that will order higher volumes, not so much for the average person. It certainly is not a pyramid scheme. At least not in my experience.

The following users liked this post:
Dakota_Male (03-01-2020)
Old 12-17-2018, 02:36 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Anyone selling Amway or Amsoil here will get his peepee whacked!!

Word to the wise.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 PM
harkon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo

Word to the wise.
No sweat, wasn't trying to sell anything, but thanks for the heads up
Just attempting to clear up misunderstanding.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:37 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo

Word to the wise.
Bailiff - whack his Pee Pee.

The following users liked this post:
IzzoQuazzo (12-17-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 06:02 AM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

"""Amsoil products are distributed through a network of independent dealers who work with their customers and accounts using a multi-level marketing model."""

My point was that I was interested in buying and trying the product. They had a table for display and four or five cases of the oil on the floor. I was looking to by 4 litres/quarts and had cash in hand. The guy did everything he could to try and get me to sign up to be a distributor. There is something amiss when a vendor turns down a cash sale to push a concept.

randy

Old 12-18-2018, 09:28 AM
harkon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cajun1957a
"""Amsoil products are distributed through a network of independent dealers who work with their customers and accounts using a multi-level marketing model."""

My point was that I was interested in buying and trying the product. They had a table for display and four or five cases of the oil on the floor. I was looking to by 4 litres/quarts and had cash in hand. The guy did everything he could to try and get me to sign up to be a distributor. There is something amiss when a vendor turns down a cash sale to push a concept.

randy
No argument there at all.
IMO, it's good product and I do use it. There are obviously equally good alternatives so if that left a taste then you are right to exercise your right in a free market. I have never seen that "multi level marketing" here and no one had ever recruited me to sell "distributorships" so maybe I'm the bottom of the pyramid .. LOL

OTOH, I buy it cheaper than I can get it at any retailer so that works for me. Around here there are individual distributors selling out of their homes (they carry inventory as well) and are a good resource to get the product immediately and still at a better price than the retailers (Canadian Tire up here to mention but one).