Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Amsoil engine, trans, primary fluids?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,499 Likes on 4,612 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Do you really think there is a need for another magical oil ? When there's too many of the same thing available, the demand drops
Na, the demand is going nuts, cause so many guys can`t stop changing their oil every time they see a new design label.

Its funny to see some of the posts on oil forums about you need to run this oil or that and spend 10 bucks or more for a quart of the latest goop...

Then you look in the sig lines and you see that some of these guys don`t keep a bike more than 3 years....

Old 03-31-2016, 06:33 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Do you really think there is a need for another magical oil ? When there's too many of the same thing available, the demand drops for any particular product. And being your customers buy 1 qt of it at a time, and you only have a small percentage of the market, it's gonna take a long time to realize a profit from your investment. Here's another fun fact. Only a small percentage of the motorcycle sold today use a separate primary or transmission oil. The rest are lubed by the motors oil. So where's all the big profit gonna come from?.,,,
I'm quite certain a company the size of Amsoil did not just do this on a whim. They did the appropriate market research and capitalized on it. It's not a stab at some magical oil, it's a business answering customer demands. Since you're throwing out facts (not really...you included zero numbers), how about actually provide what "percentage" of bikes have separate oils. But more importantly, provide Amsols market shares and customer base for the new products, to include those buying one quart at a time. That'd be great.

The following users liked this post:
RKCMIK05 (04-21-2020)
Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Since your new to Motorcycling I won't be too hard on you. Can I have your proof of market research to backup your statement?. And here's a FACT! it's called Amsoil, not Amsols. If you doubt my statements, why don't you prove me wrong. Along with market share numbers. Do some research on your own to find out that not every bike on the road has 2 or 3 compartments for oil. let us know when you find it all out. That'd be great.,,,

Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Amsols was a type-o, but I'm quite certain you knew that. And he who claims something to be true bears the burden of proving it; you started this with your claims. Yes, you got me...brand new to motorcycles... Was it that obvious?

Last edited by galaxyfe; 04-01-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:30 PM
hkusp45
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old forum, but I will give my past experience with Amsoil Primary Fluid on my Fatboy. My engine was upgraded from 96 to 107, and the HD heavy duty clutch spring was installed. The first dyno test resulted in clutch slippage. The bike only had 6k. The mechanic advised me to dump the fluid and use a different brand. The 1st dyno tune was not done very well (the hp and torque was low), so the bike was dyno tuned by a different shop mechanic which was recommended by Bobby Wood. The engine was tuned, but the 2nd mechanic advised he was getting clutch slippage. I agreed to have him drain the fluid and use a different product. No clutch slippage after that. When I called Amsoil about the issue, they asked if the engine had any upgrades, to which it did. The associate related their primary fluid is only for vehicles with no engine upgrades. So in my opinion, do not use Amsoil Primary Fluid.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (12-06-2018)