Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

oil change funnel

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: oil change funnel

ORIGINAL: sedbiker62

That's great KB, but if your like me. You know, ultimatley concerned about deforestation and the ozone layer, you would know that each 52100 stainless steel funnel that you discard will be in our environment for the next 157,000,000 years. I use a much more environmentally friendly method. I collect spotted owl $#it and distill it at precisely 348* celsius for 27 hours. Once the solids are removed, I take the remaining liquid, one part Puruvian goat urine to three parts distilled spotted owl $#it and let that ferment for 90 days. I then chill the mixture to -23 kelvan for 48 hours. Once chilled, spin it in a high speed centrifugal liquid seperator for 10 minutes. Bada Bing! Dip your funnel immediatly into solution for 3.7 seconds. Discard unused portion according to EPA standard 4910.6 sub paragraph 00.864 adendum B2. We all need to be a little more aware of what we put in our environment.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Hmmmm....Have to try that!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Mymotorcycle needs oil? Where does it go?

Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: NW FXSTS

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

ORIGINAL: sedbiker62

That's great KB, but if your like me. You know, ultimatley concerned about deforestation and the ozone layer, you would know that each 52100 stainless steel funnel that you discard will be in our environment for the next 157,000,000 years. I use a much more environmentally friendly method. I collect spotted owl $#it and distill it at precisely 348* celsius for 27 hours. Once the solids are removed, I take the remaining liquid, one part Puruvian goat urine to three parts distilled spotted owl $#it and let that ferment for 90 days. I then chill the mixture to -23 kelvan for 48 hours. Once chilled, spin it in a high speed centrifugal liquid seperator for 10 minutes. Bada Bing! Dip your funnel immediatly into solution for 3.7 seconds. Discard unused portion according to EPA standard 4910.6 sub paragraph 00.864 adendum B2. We all need to be a little more aware of what we put in our environment.

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

I only use a 52100 stainless steel funnel once then discard the soiled one. The new funnels I purchase are stored in a locked humidity and temperature controlled class100 clean room vault until ready for use. Any oil spilled on the floor of my garage is immediately removed with a 300F degree muratic acid wash and dried with a flame thrower and the exhaust gas from a General Electric CFM56 gas turbine engine that I converted into a leaf blower. I'm very serious about keeping the dirt away from my engine.
Fine......but I really don't discard the SS 52100 funnels......I recently rented some smelting time on the old LTV Bessemer #2 Blast Furnace here at the Cleveland works and I heat the furnace to 2000F then add 47 tons of slag & coke bring that mixture to almost white heat then add the soiled funnels......let em get steamy hot (that's a technical term) then ladle off all the impurities and cast them into #27 SS torx screws for my primary cover. See...I'm no EPA nightmare
ROFLOL... You people are just sick... I bet you even recycle your old oil? I just pour mine in a salmon creek... lol
Why hell no........I just toss my used oil in my neighbors shrubs.......

Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Mad Dawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wipe it out several times with paper towels and with a little residue/film on it, who cares i'm gonna put oil in it again and i just wipe prior to using it also !

Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just let it drain out over my dandelion weeds and then light 'em off. Kills the weeds and scares the crap out of the rest of them sum' bitches. Keeps my lawn pretty clean of weeds. Beats the hell out of adding noxious chemicals.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ORIGINAL: dakotacrk

What do you clean a oil change funnel with after a oil change?
I don't clean mine, or at least I do it infrequently. Instead, I put it in a large Ziplock bag and seal it up, so the next time no dust or other contaminants have touched it. I have two that go in the bag--one for engine oil and another smaller one with a long spout for tranny and primary. Since I buy oil by the pail, I have three measuring containers (1 pt., 1 qt., and 1 gal.) for measuring the fluids, all going in a second Ziplock bag. Don't routinely clean those either.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just cant believe it........
and all this talk about whine....?
I found if you leave the dirt and grime,,, with every oil change the engine makes less and less noises!!!!!

You should have Known!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 AM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I'm not using it, my grandkids play with it in their sand box, usually using it to fill empty wine and beer bottles with sand. By the time I it need it again, it's scoured perfectly clean.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 PM
pandol34
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brake cleaner, WD-40, Carb cleaner.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I thought every question that could be asked on this forum had already been asked!

Quick Reply: oil change funnel