Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Scavenger system from Rogue Chopper review

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Scavenger system from Rogue Chopper review

I used the Scavenger oil change system for my winter oil rotation and wanted to give me review of the product.
For those of you who are not aware of what the Scavenger system does, it flushes out the almost a full quart of dirty oil that stays in your bike after you drain it. If you just changed your oil only to see it turn dark already after just a 100 miles that's what's going on, the dirty oil still in you motor is mixing with the clean oil...sucks huhh? I didn't think there was anything I could do about it until I was reading a thread and someone mentioned the Scavenger system.
After speaking looking it up on the website ad speaking with Phil from Rogue Chopper who was very helpful and willing to answer any questions I had I bought one. After receiving the product I did my winter oil change. If you look up the website you'll be able to see a video of his invention and how it works. You basically remove the pipe plug right next to the drain plug and put a long fitting that you attach a hose to. The hose goes into a clean qt of oil then you start the engine and while it's sucking in the clean quart of oil, the dirty oil that was once still in the motor is being pushed out by the clean oil..pretty nifty right? The instructions says to keep running the engine until the quart your pumping starts to pull bubbles then shut it off and then pump another half quart and shut her down and let the old gunk finish draining. Well it did exactly what Phil said it would and after 550 miles I put on the bike after the oil change, the oil is still the same color it was when I did the change which is not what I was used to.
There you have it folks, if you want to pump the old oil out of your engine when you do your next change your going to need the Scavenger system from Rogue Chopper, It works and a forum member can attest to it.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:46 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

From what most people say here about how often they change their oil, that qt of leftover oil would probably test out to be perfectly usable. Now if you get one of those reusable ,cleanable oil filters, you may never need to change your oil again.,,

Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

You don't say BC, tell me more about it.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

Which gimic do you want to know about?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
There you have it folks, if you want to pump the old oil out of your engine when you do your next change your going to need the Scavenger system from Rogue Chopper, It works and a forum member can attest to it.
I'm buying one this winter.

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Now if you get one of those reusable ,cleanable oil filters, you may never need to change your oil again.,,
...Bought one last winter

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Which gimic do you want to know about?
The prices are not prohibitive. When I first changed my own oil, I was appalled at how filthy the remaining oil was. It tainted my new Amzoil, even though after the old oil stopped draining, I thought I could 'flush more out" by pouring some clean Mobil 1 right through the system. At $60 bucks or so, it won't kill me. I just hate dirty oil.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow how'd get a hold of him?

left 3 messages so far no return call (Bad Customer Service IMO)

besides he has not even made a adapter for my bike that will fit
so my review w/out actually buying the product is NO WAY

now my rating could change if a. hes out of town, b. family emergency , c. legitamite excuse etc. but until then BUNK

i dont see why it wouldn't fit my bike, looks like the line is exact same, glad yer all happy

Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

The last time I spoke with Phil (which was just after the hurricane hit the east coast where he lives) he was behind on expediting his orders because the power was out from the devastation and he didn't know when it was coming back on. I realize it's an inconvenience when your trying to buy a product and your not getting a call back, but maybe under the circumstances cutting him some slack is in order. I can assure you it's worth the wait and you really don't want almost a quart of garbage oil mixed in with your new oil even if it would test out fine. Seriously with what you spend on these bikes are you really satisfied with that much dirty oil still in your motor even if it would test fine? I know I don't and $100 for the life of my bike is not even up for discussion. Anyone disagree with that logic please chime in.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
I'm buying one this winter.

...Bought one last winter

The prices are not prohibitive. When I first changed my own oil, I was appalled at how filthy the remaining oil was. It tainted my new Amzoil, even though after the old oil stopped draining, I thought I could 'flush more out" by pouring some clean Mobil 1 right through the system. At $60 bucks or so, it won't kill me. I just hate dirty oil.
By the way is anyone going to tell me about this lifetime oil filter or do I still need to do a search?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:29 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

agree (slack cut)like i said legit excuse i try 2 everyone 2nd chance
chit happens
it seems like a great product (hence my 3 phone calls so far)
im interested , but if it were possible leave a different message
explaining situation if ya can , & like i said b4 it seems it will fit my bike but i always hear ame crap"except fxcw" its a wonder i have so many aftermarket products
hopefully the scavenger soon

Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
By the way is anyone going to tell me about this lifetime oil filter or do I still need to do a search?
It is not only an oil filter, but an oil cooler. there are several brands, both in black and aluminum. Check these out:

http://www.pcracingusa.com/

http://pcracingusa.com/store/images/FloOilSpinOn.jpg

http://pcracingusa.com/store/product...roducts_id=169