Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

oil pressure guages

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
ringonking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure guages

i have a question on oil pressure guages.i know that they are of personal preferance but i was wondering what kind of guages everyone is running?i have a road king and am thinking about putting the ness setup on my bike.i have heard that the hd ones are junk.anyone like one in patricular?? thanks for all your replies!!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil pressure guages

You have a couple of choices - the liquid filled gauge that bolts to the rear cylinder head works although it's practically useless while one's driving the bike. The second choice, at least for me, is the HD gauge cluster which I opted for - however, I went for the 2 gauge cluster housing an oil pressure gauge and an oil temp gauge. HD's oil temp gauge for the Road King, however, uses a sensor that is impossible to mount where they recommend and needs to be mounted beside the engine oil drain plug. Let me know if you need further info. I'm sure there are other gauges and methods out there, but, I am VERY satisfied using HD's gauges and the quality of their mounting system.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
ringonking
Advanced

thanks for the info retired ted!!i hear that a lot of guys dont like the fact of having a pressure guage and a temp guage on their bikes.but i think its a good thing to have just in case there is a problem you know? if i hear a noise then i can have a quick look and see.well i guess there arent a lot of guys running oil pressure guages out there,thanks anyway.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: ringonking

i have a question on oil pressure guages.i know that they are of personal preferance but i was wondering what kind of guages everyone is running?i have a road king and am thinking about putting the ness setup on my bike.i have heard that the hd ones are junk.anyone like one in patricular?? thanks for all your replies!!

I love gauges. This is my Low Rider. I adapted a xl bracket to get these on there. Oil pressure and temp. voltage.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:46 AM
ringonking
Advanced

wow!!! that looks pretty cool!!!im kind of the same,like to see whats going on with tthe motor and such.idiot light are nice but i really dont trust them a wholeloy you know!! at least with a guage you can see it going south before its too late.thanks for the pictures too.now you have given me ideas to spend more money! LOL!!! THANKS !!