Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

98 Evo Dyna Wide Glide Oil Plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM
maq
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Evo Dyna Wide Glide Oil Plug

Hi Everyone,

Called 3 Harley Dealerships and talked to service and got 2 different answers and one not sure. I need to know which plug protruding from the bottom of the pan is the oil plug and which one drains the transmission. There is one plug on the right towards the back of the pan near my right leg and one basically in the center of the pan towards the front. There are no plugs on the side of the pan on my model. Both plugs come out the bottom of the pan and are not recessed.

Does anyone know which plug is the Oil Plug? Has anyone had an Evo Dyna that really knows?

Tnx Maq

Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 AM
maq
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found it

Hey, did you know that you can download a copy of the Service Manual for older Harley's for five dollars? Well you can. Just google the year make and model and voila there it was. It was well worth the five dollars and I found out where the plug is.

The plug towards the front center of the pan as you are sitting on the bike, and closest to the Jiffy Stand, is the Engine Oil Plug and the plug nearest your right leg is for the transmission. I had two Harley Dealer Service people tell me wrong. Glad I stuck it out and found out for myself. I hope this helps any one who might need the information sometime.

Maq