Oil Archive (no new posts) An archive of oil related questions and comments.

Lucas 20w50 Full Synthetic and 75w140 Full Synthetic Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jpowell490
Zeus55, tell me why you don't like Lucas? Have you ran it?
Yes I have tried LUCAS. The product is acceptable as a viscosity modifier, but for lubricant and engine oil it is one of the lowest quality of base oil and additives.

I work for a company that specializes in high quality lubricant and produce lubricants for all kinds of industries. We analyze the composition of what exists on the market and Lucas is really at the bottom of the list. Their synthetic oil is a hydro-cracked group 3 base oil, which actually is a synthesized mineral oil base.

I do not want to start a battle on engine oil because, like I said in my previous post, the choice of a motor oil is a personal choice based on experiences, priority, availability and budget.

Last edited by Zeus55; 08-26-2014 at 09:14 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Zeus55:
boston jim (04-20-2017), ictghost (10-01-2019), Rollbar (06-17-2023), ~Doc (05-01-2019)
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus55
Yes I have tried LUCAS. The product is acceptable as a viscosity modifier, but for lubricant and engine oil it is one of the lowest quality of base oil and additives.

I work for a company that specializes in high quality lubricant and produce lubricants for all kinds of industries. We analyze the composition of what exists on the market and Lucas is really at the bottom of the list. Their synthetic oil is a micro-cracked group 3 base oil, which actually is a synthesized mineral oil base.

I do not want to start a battle on engine oil because, like I said in my previous post, the choice of a motor oil is a personal choice based on experiences, priority, availability and budget.

I know a monkies uncle who says otherwise, the fact he is a monkey and told me tells you right there if a monkey can talk and it tells me opposite what you do, then its true.

Your post sounds like a lead in to a sales pitch. So lets have it, cut through all your crap and get to the cost per bottle....

Old 08-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Your post sounds like a lead in to a sales pitch. So lets have it, cut through all your crap and get to the cost per bottle....
Well... the monkey will not tell you the brand neither than the price because it was not a sales pitch. I'm just saying that there's a lot of good engine oil out there and LUCAS is not on that list.

I'm not a sponsor on this forum and I will respect the rules.

The following users liked this post:
boston jim (04-20-2017)
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Zeus,

I am always interested in hearing opinions. No war here, just information. I have read similar stories to yours, but they were about 8 years old.

I haven't read any testing as of late. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, send me a PM. I would be interested in what you suggest.

I don't take offense to any oil related topics. It is all about running the best for me.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus55
Well... the monkey will not tell you the brand neither than the price because it was not a sales pitch. I'm just saying that there's a lot of good engine oil out there and LUCAS is not on that list.

I'm not a sponsor on this forum and I will respect the rules.
Thers is nothing wrong with giving your opinion. It is not the same as selling something. I say Formula+ is the best for the primary amd trans regularly here, I dont sell it either.

You will violate zero rules if you just tell us what it is. Its why the forum is here, so we can share experiences. What you use just might be the best. So tell us.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The funny thing is, is this "Internet engineer" didn't even properly break in the bike! Break in is at 1000 miles!

I'm starting to be convinced that all these penny pinching snake oil buying "riders" are the reason some of these bikes are having the problems they have. There's a tiny book that comes with the ****ing bike that tells you what it needs. Going against it and you'll have problems.

Glad to hear the snake oil had its Placebo Effect on you. If it weren't for snake oil buyers like 99% of this forum, stupid shows like "overhaulin" wouldn't be on the air and there wouldn't be thousands of snake oil manufacturers!

Sucker born every minute!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:38 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Yeah Lucas is bad oil and I am a oil expert but I can't tell you anything or I would have to kill you, LOL! I'm all in for what that dude says............NOT

The following users liked this post:
boston jim (04-20-2017)
Old 08-27-2014, 03:19 PM
jpowell490
Road Master

coloFXDC,

Are you referring to me?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:08 PM
jpowell490
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
The funny thing is, is this "Internet engineer" didn't even properly break in the bike! Break in is at 1000 miles!

I'm starting to be convinced that all these penny pinching snake oil buying "riders" are the reason some of these bikes are having the problems they have. There's a tiny book that comes with the ****ing bike that tells you what it needs. Going against it and you'll have problems.

Glad to hear the snake oil had its Placebo Effect on you. If it weren't for snake oil buyers like 99% of this forum, stupid shows like "overhaulin" wouldn't be on the air and there wouldn't be thousands of snake oil manufacturers!

Sucker born every minute!
So since you are obviously posting to me, let me educate you. Break in at 1000 miles? You are a complete moron if you believe that. You are also a complete moron if you leave the factory oil in a new bike for 1000 miles.

This "internet engineer" has owned more bikes than you have looked at and only dreamed of. When you graduate off that girls bike you are riding, maybe you can speak.

If you can't afford the top oils for your bike, you should have bought some other bike. Plus, if you think it makes a dent in my pocket to buy $100.00 worth of oil for a change, you are mistaken. If you think that HD oils are the best for your bike, you are really a moron.

And "Penny Pinching" snake oil buyers? That makes 0 sense. All of the snake oil buyers, spend quite a bit.

So, trailer park, when you think you are even in the same universe as I am on virtually anything let me know. I assure you, you are not.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM
tsigwing
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jpowell490
Zeus,

I am always interested in hearing opinions. No war here, just information. I have read similar stories to yours, but they were about 8 years old.

I haven't read any testing as of late. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, send me a PM. I would be interested in what you suggest.

I don't take offense to any oil related topics. It is all about running the best for me.

I'm interested as well.

Quick Reply: Lucas 20w50 Full Synthetic and 75w140 Full Synthetic Review