On The Mend... Post your thoughts on loved ones who are "on the mend".

6/20/09 1 1/2 miles from my house

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6/20/09 1 1/2 miles from my house

WINDHAM — A Massachusetts man suffered serious leg injuries in a two-vehicle crash this morning at the intersection of Range and Cobbetts Pond roads.
Paul Chicklis, 71, of Dracut, was taken by MedFlight helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital after his motorcycle collided with a car driven by Gilda Marinaro, 81, of Windham around 10:15 a.m., police said.
Chicklis suffered serious injuries to his right leg in the crash. Windham Fire Emergency Personnel worked on the injury at the scene, but he had to be taken by helicopter because the damage to his leg was so severe, according to Windham police Sgt. Carl Wagner.
"They thought amputation was likely, but they will do everything they can to re-attach it," he said.
Marinaro was uninjured in the accident, Wagner said.
According to a hospital spokeswoman, Chicklis was still in the emergency room this afternoon, so no condition was available. But police said the injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
Chicklis was driving his Honda Motorcycle southbound on Range Road through the intersection with Cobbetts Pond Road when it collided with a Volvo driven by Marinaro, who was entering the intersection from Cobbetts Pond Road, police said.
Traffic accident reconstruction officers from Windham and Salem police investigated the scene this morning. A motorcycle lay on its side in the center of the intersection, and the bike's windshield lay nearby close to a puddle of blood on the pavement.
Police were also examining the front end of Marinaro's Volvo S60, which was parked on the side of the intersection.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Keith4001r
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

152 years between them... I'd like to see who the cops say was at fault. Regardless, I hope the guy makes out OK. Please keep us informed.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard too much about this but a few people who I have spoke to say the bike rider will end up losing his leg and the old lady driving the car cut the bike off and the bike hit her

Old 07-03-2009, 12:17 PM
MNROD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uff da, not good. I read 3 people died last weekend in my area and one is in critical condition. Two hit a deer and the other two hit a moose....not good.