On The Mend... Post your thoughts on loved ones who are "on the mend".

Another South FL. HDF member mowed down like a dog by cager

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Another South FL. HDF member mowed down like a dog by cager

Member mcfreeak A.K.A. Michael Fegan was on his way to work (Cycle Lab, Davie, FL) in the right lane of I-95 N Exit entering I-595 when a POS self-centered cager with no pre-planning swerved right, across three (3) lanes, and plowed into Mike, taking him out. I am sure the NY driver in a rental car needed to go to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and did not take the time to plan his trip and a biker was just in his way!

I was not there and my account is by hearsay/police report only. Mike has been a member since October of 2007 and has been a well know member of the S. FL biking community for well over 10 years that I know of. Mike works at Cycle Lab in Davie, FL for a few years and is quick to lend a hand to those in need. Visit him at work (previously) and he would share all expertise in helping those bikers he came in contact with to get that DIY job done. Mike was never loud and not one to socialize at bars. He pretty much rode by himself down that road traveled and used his bike as a car. He visited this forum regularly and was content to read and not to be confrontational as some of these posts can become.

For those who know Mike, he is currently in ICU @ Broward General with a whole list of problems such as a collapsed lung, broken ribs, et. Al, and that is all the information I can remember but you get the idea. Hopefully Mike will be out into a regular room in the next few days and has asked for no one to visit until then. He is not really feeling too good, like a car ran over him…I personally do not like this fine example of a self-centered moron who I believe that he should receive punishment equal to the damage he caused. This was not an accident but a situation that could be avoided by taking responsibility in driving carefully. After a good old fashion Pagan Beat-Down his driver’s license should be revoked so he could never cause this situation to ever happen again. But who made me judge?

Old 05-28-2011, 02:35 PM
pcbertsch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about Mike. Please let him know many of us wish him well, and keep us posted on his progress.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:59 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Update

Mike is still hurting. He is back to work part time as he must work to pay the bills. If you are a local & have had contact with him, give Mike a call @ the shop just to see how he is doing.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. I hope Mike is doing better and getting things a little back to normal.