Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Puget Sound, sound off!

Old 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Welcome
Group rides can be hit or miss. I'm personally a fan of having meet up spots and sort of just making your own way there. If you want to ride together, great, if you want to ride solo you're still in the party just doing your own thing for a bit.

Half the point is to find new areas and explore a bit, when you're stuck to a schedule that becomes very difficult to do. Having different people on board will take you to places you normally wouldn't have gone by yourself (otherwise you would have already been there).

Old 02-27-2018, 02:43 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I live in Chehalis and I work up in Woodinville. Sometimes I take the long way home via ferry and down hood canal, anyways, I'll watch for when things get nicer.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:14 PM
arlinsg
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Marysville

Old 03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Aogmitch
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Snohomish.
Born and raised here. Can’t wait to get out of. Retirement is not coming fast enough.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:14 AM
Numinex
Cruiser
Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Sedro Woolley, Gateway to the North Cascades Highway, coming home with my new bike tomorrow. Had a Street 750 for a short time before, loved the bike not its issues

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 AM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Numinex
Sedro Woolley, Gateway to the North Cascades Highway, coming home with my new bike tomorrow. Had a Street 750 for a short time before, loved the bike not its issues

nice turn rable you should add that to the recent turn table thread.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Numinex
Cruiser

It's actually Skagit Harley's but I'll do just that .makes it easy for them to take pics inside with a decent background.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:34 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Numinex
Nice place to live, do you work up there?
I live close to work so I don't have to commute very far.
What issues did you have with the 750?
I don't follow them so I have not idea, but curious....

That turn table would be sweet in my garage....

Old 03-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Numinex
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GRWHD
Nice place to live, do you work up there?
I live close to work so I don't have to commute very far.
What issues did you have with the 750?
I don't follow them so I have not idea, but curious....

That turn table would be sweet in my garage....
Sadly I've been off work since 2012 due to health issues but I have a hobby business repairing old tube radios and even getting into late modern amps and high end HiFi systems. It keeps me busy and some money in my pockets. I worked in the HVAC field before doing anything from Service and install up to working in the parts houses working my way up to managmmana before having to step aside and focus on health. But I commute to the Y 3 or 4 times a week to work on the pool and walk the treadmill since I am reserving real thearpy in case I land back in the hospital again Medicare only pays for so many visits so I have a nice list and do it on my own .

As far as the 750 ...
Purchased with 58 Miles on it, at 100 miles I had a few leaks one enough to drain the coolant tank. They replaced the timing chain tensioner on the rear cylinder and "resealed" the water pump.
At 160 miles the shifter seal was replacereplace as well as the water pump housing, Bike given back with 210 Miles.
at 300 Miles the output shaft seal let go spewing oil everywhere . Got the bike back and rode it home having a few serious rideability issues to find the seat not bolted down nor was it secure under the front tab, muffler left just hanging on, had burned my fuel down to reserve so I barely made it to a gas station, coolant low and a half at low on oil .and they road tested it? I think not .

At 400 miles i was having a issue with the battery taking forever to charge after a ride,. Battery tested bad And these batteries are a joke to get to let alone get out .Gotta tear the bike half apart and take the neg cable loose on the frame to slide the battery far enough out to remove the neg cable from the battery. Plus I found the positive cable leaving the relay totally loose . The frame ground and both battery connections were loose as well as many other connexconn points .

At 475 miles after my first ride of the season I noticed the water pumpookes wet so I removed the side cover and again flind the water pump starting to leak and a fresh trace of oil from the output shaft .

And to make matters worse the dealer was saying well maybe some of these loose and incorrect issues was the factories doing. Well maybe tell your tech that preps the bikes to check everything . I would be, of I had gotten into a wreck with the bike after getting g it back after finding stuff loose. Oh they would of had it .Lol. But it was just myuck to get one like that .

The Evo powerplant in the Sporty is too rock solid and hopefully gives me many thousands of miles of trouble free issues.

And yeah that turntable is pretty sweet. It's a lot bigger than it looks . It's usually got one of the bigger bikes on it or one of the dealers CVOs when not being used for pics. It was originally motorized but haven't seen it soon on its own in ages. Used to sit in what is now the customer lounger .

Last edited by Numinex; 03-12-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:28 PM
lookn4sun
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if this thread has died. I see a lot of interest for a meet up, but didn't see anything come of it. Has this just fallen to the wayside?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Puget Sound, sound off!