Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Seattle/Bellevue/Everett Photo Tag!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 07:17 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Seattle/Bellevue/Everett Photo Tag!

Time for some photo tag!

Area is the Seattle/Bellevue/Everett area

Point of the game is to be able to find the last tag when you're out riding but not be so easy as an address. Then post a second picture that's the next challenge.

FULL RULES
...that I stole, lol:

º One person is "IT" at a time.

º Since most of us have smart phones and can post via our phones, post the previous poster's tag to claim being "IT". You may post the "current tag" at a later time during your ride. Also post from home after the ride just as easy.

º If more than one person is at the current tag, first one to post is "IT".

º While being "IT", poster has 48 hrs from claiming tag (use time stamp of post), to post a new tag. Past the 48 hour window, it becomes up for grabs for someone else to be "IT", but they must go back and grab the original tag first. 48 hour window gives an opportunity to have enough time to post a great tag, not just a mediocre tag, allow for enough light to see all visual hints, ect.

º No pay spots. This is a fun, free game. If there is a fee to get into the place, or a fee to take a ferry or something, find a new tag. If taking the ferry is an option because rider doesn't want to ride around, that is their choice.

º Night Tags: Have a good enough flash to be able to see as much as possible. No blurry photos either.

º Repeats: While it has been acceptable (and debated ad naseum ) to tag the same site more than once, let's try to use some imagination and not do reruns.

º No NSFW, lets keep the mods happy. Or you know, see if they are paying attention

º Current photos only. Don't be a cheat and pull something out of a folder on your desk top. (Ideally grab the old tag and then get the new one, but I guess if you see a nice new one on the way to grab the old one that's ok. Just no hard drive archive scrounging.

º Area you are "tagging" with your bike must be in the immediate background of your bike. Landscape in the far off distance is not acceptable.

º Since this is a multi-county tag, please provide a hint as to the location of the current tag. **Especially if you're towards the edges of the area.

º Tagged areas must be accessible to every bike

º Assisting people with uploading of their tags is fine.

Hint: The image icon under advanced post ( square with mountains on it above where you type) can be used to host a picture, so no 3rd party needed.

Last edited by CaptainAwesome; 11-30-2017 at 07:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SnoRider (12-17-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 07:28 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

I'll post a starter picture tomorrow, didn't realize I didn't have one to start with that was any good!

If you have one, feel free to post.

Sorry about that.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:06 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Keeping it real easy for the first one.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:44 AM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't seem to be getting much enthusiasm for the photo tag. Maybe while we have clearer weather the next couple weeks. I know that my bikes are all tucked in for the winter so I;m not on the road, might be the same for others.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:21 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Yeah... December isn't exactly the month to get one of these going. But given how much posting there is in this section it should still be one of the top 5 topics come Spring, lol.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:10 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

The frost has not melted for a week, so the bike is not moving.
That's what we get for living on the side of a hill over looking the valley.
Hoping it will warm up some with little or no rain (at least a few days).

CaptainAwesome (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Yeah, it's been iffy all week. Ice in all the shadows. Lots of shadows on the roads with the trees.

Least it's been better than last year.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:10 AM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

So what do I do? Go to the place where you took your pic and take a pic of my bike in the same location, post it, then ride to a spot, take pic and post?

Old 12-17-2017, 12:46 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Yep!

The basic idea is to have a game when you're out riding, that you might recognize a place as you ride past it or to get others to find a place you've enjoyed. In a sense its like a treasure hunt.

Once you have a lot of people playing you start to discover areas you've ridden around but missed something cool. Its a good way to discover a lot of neat stuff. Food, places, things that you previously would have pasted by without a second look.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:47 PM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

It seems no wanted to go to Lynnwood on purpose so i thought I would try to get this ball rolling.

CaptainAwesome (02-14-2018)

Quick Reply: Seattle/Bellevue/Everett Photo Tag!