Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Looking to move farther out of the Seattle area

Old 03-05-2018, 08:41 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallard Slayer
The thing I didn't like about Issaquah it was too close to Seattle! too many people! I grew up in N.D. In a town of about 400 people
It appears like it is just getting worse (Issaquah) and most areas in the NW.
The population keeps climbing and they keep building any & every place they can.
I grew up in Montana.
Our area it is in the flood plain (not sure what the years are) but the area has been under water at least three times since we bought our house.
We have a nice view of it, we call it lake Lowell, depending on the year depends on how big the lake is.
Those houses are going for 5-7XX,XXX a pop with postage stamp yards.
We have 4-6 years left in the area, just trying to stay sane.
Can't wait to get out....

Old 03-09-2018, 03:10 AM
Numinex
Cruiser
Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm up here in Skagit County in Sedro Woolley. Far enough from the freeway to escape the traffic and close enough to some beautiful riding .but sadly property taxes are going nuts since everyone in the ST3 feigons are running north to avoid it.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,508 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Home is for sale, bought a new larger more modern home in Idaho for less than 1/2 and has property. Additionally I found a job that pays nearly twice what I was making in Bellevue. Between taxes, license fees, City inspections, traffic, an ineffective police force, corrupt political judges, it was a simple decision.

The Seattle area does not want nor value formerly middle class working people and homeowners. Add to this a crazy man, Jay Inslee who wants to punish these same people. Western Washington has become unaffordable for us. If we had stayed here, we would become part of Seattle's favorite voting block, the homeless.

We looked moving North of Seattle, but home values are just stupid. We'll let the rich software engineers move there as you need two 6 figure incomes to live of the Westside any more. How sad. A lifetime here, worked hard all my life and I cannot afford to stay in my own home. Welcome to the Westcoast future, you only like it if you are rich or homeless.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:53 PM
PovertyRider
Road Master
Received 197 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
Home is for sale, bought a new larger more modern home in Idaho for less than 1/2 and has property. Additionally I found a job that pays nearly twice what I was making in Bellevue. Between taxes, license fees, City inspections, traffic, an ineffective police force, corrupt political judges, it was a simple decision.

The Seattle area does not want nor value formerly middle class working people and homeowners. Add to this a crazy man, Jay Inslee who wants to punish these same people. Western Washington has become unaffordable for us. If we had stayed here, we would become part of Seattle's favorite voting block, the homeless.

We looked moving North of Seattle, but home values are just stupid. We'll let the rich software engineers move there as you need two 6 figure incomes to live of the Westside any more. How sad. A lifetime here, worked hard all my life and I cannot afford to stay in my own home. Welcome to the Westcoast future, you only like it if you are rich or homeless.
Amen brother!
I wonder what shipping costs are to ship my sportster to Philippines?
Considering a move that way. Biggest bike I have seen there is a 250cc strange brand name.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds

I grew up on a street named by my great grandmother in West Seattle ( delridge way ) but had to leave when it came time to buy my own home. Your spot on with the “ west coast future “ thing, king and pierce co. Are pretty much no mans land, they won’t be happy til they tax us all out of here.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Philzy
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it too late to chime in on this??? I lived in King County from ‘89 to ‘17. Finally got fed up with the a$$hole people, crappy traffic, rediculous taxes and day to day b******t.

I looked north into SnoCo, south into Pierce and Thurston, and over on the peninsula. End up moving to the dry side of the mountains. Got a small place on the north side of Lake Chelan. Couldn’t be happier. Less traffic, less taxes, less stress........and not a single solicitor at my door since I got here.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (09-27-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 07:43 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Yeah, in the end I've decided to move back home to Montana. That area has always been home to me. I'll always love certain things about the PNW, but I'm renting a life here, not living it.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Philzy
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Yeah, in the end I've decided to move back home to Montana. That area has always been home to me. I'll always love certain things about the PNW, but I'm renting a life here, not living it.
Montana is great. In-laws used to have a place on McGregor Lake off US-2 near Marion. Awesome roads.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (09-29-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 12:09 PM
o0smitters0o
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SE Washington

It’s the only part that’s not green in the Evergreen State. Tri-Cities- Pasco, Kennewick & Richland. It’s 3 hours +/- Dry open roads and hour from the Blue Mountains two hours to the Cascades. Supposed to double in size in the next 10 years. Open call for Union Pipefitters at my hall. A bit of a commute to see Seattle Sports.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:35 AM
NWTruck
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

CaptainAwesome, going home sounds great. I moved out to the Seattle area back in '88, grew up in Bozeman. After living South Sound most of the time I moved to Belfair about 5 yrs ago, love it on the west side. Amazing riding around Hood Canal and out to the coast, traffic's not too bad. I work on one of the ferries on the Bremerton/Seattle run so I never have to go to Seattle (YAY !). Hope you're enjoying the move !