Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Barometric pressure and starting slow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 06:15 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Barometric pressure and starting slow?

Anyone have any difficulty starting their bike when the barometric pressure changes drastically?

Ok, kinda an odd question I know. But I have a random hard start that started to happen when the first storm rolled in this year and I figure it might be a PNW thing. Doesn't matter how long the bike has been sitting, if it's cold or rainy. But when it seems to do it is when there is a storm front that moves in. Didn't commute much last year when the storms moved in so I don't have that reference.

Dealer looked it over, couldn't find anything, battery checked out. Doesn't do it on sunny days. Doesn't do it if it was rainy all day. Just seams to do it when the barometric pressure changes drastically. And it's not like a dead battery slow start, it's almost like there is more time between cycles and it's drawing more power. I've been trying to get a video of it, but it's sporadic. The only common thing I've been able to think of is there was a strong barometric pressure change. Was fine all this last week till yesterday when the storm front moved in and changed so drastically it gave me a massive headache. Didn't do it today. Didn't do it yesterday either when I had stopped to get gas after work.

Just trying to see if it's to be expected and not a symptom of something about to go out, especially 5 weeks before my warranty expires.

Thanks

Old 11-17-2018, 04:43 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Got it fixed. Starter relay was going out.

Still did it more when the pressure changed. I dunno. Goblins perhaps.