Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Pacific (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/pacific-37/)
-   -   BARRETT JUNCTION/ SAN DIEGO (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/pacific/97759-barrett-junction-san-diego.html)

SOCALHD 04-02-2007 05:09 PM

BARRETT JUNCTION/ SAN DIEGO

Does anyone here have the gumption or experience of putting together a Biker Rally.
I spoke to the owner of Barrett Junction a few months ago. He asked me questions on how he could get something started at his facility. Most of his business on the weekends are riders stopping in for food and drink.
He also owns the lot across the street and would really like to put an event together. I told him to contact some of the Harley Dealers but so far I have not seen or heard anything.
This would be a great place for a rally however there is not any lodging nearby. I would think maybe a campout type rally.
I am not good at putting things like this together but you never know what could happen if someone started it.

Stelis 04-02-2007 08:54 PM

RE: BARRETT JUNCTION/ SAN DIEGO

Probably the best way for him to start is to participate in a Poker Run. That is, become one of the stops along the run, and have him sell sodas and bottled water outside.

Send out an RFP to every motorcycle club and riding club along with Harley dealers, metric dealers, and chopper shops.

Stelis 04-03-2007 12:50 AM

I cross posted your message on my blog...

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2007/...iker-rally.htm

Maybe I can get my readers to post some comments.

Pixs 04-03-2007 04:51 PM

Hi Don,

You might want to get a group or cause involved, you need the infrastructure to get the word out. Right now the CARB is jumping all over smog issues and bikes, I think everyone should be concerned. It could be that we need to address the smog issue on an impact basis instead of per vehicle. CARB would have a hard time arguing about that and we could actually do something benificial for our lungs. Talk to ABATE and MMA and AMA.

How about getting different clubs to man a check points, show their colors so to say. Donate the procedes to politicos' favorate charities. Get them to recognise that we are concerned citizens that can rais money too. May be they might just take us seriously.

Oh yeah, I might be able to help you, if you do it. I'll bet Stelis would too, may be even the folks at some of the local boards (SOCAL). Never mind the accomadations, what do you think tents are for?

Start Planning now for next year.

In a hurry? Throw a party, invite everyone for some free chile and salad on the Inn, think of all the beer that would be needed to quench the spicy fires. He's not going top loose anything.

Games/contest, food/drinks, Bike show w/prises etc.

Primo 04-03-2007 06:17 PM

Get some local clubs or associations to hold bike nights there. Once that happens the biking public will really start to associate the place as a biker friendly establishment.

Next step might be to make contact with promoters of rallies such as the guys putting together this year's Hollister event.

Good location, space and food should work to his advantage.

I like the idea of him making his place available as a poker run stop as well. Have them check out Thunderpress to see who is putting together events in his area. Might be too late for current happenings but he might get on the list for future ones.

Good luck,

Primo

roadhawgray 04-04-2007 12:57 AM

well, i could be a perv, but you cant go wrong with having hot girls there. where there are hot woman (of age of course) bikers will follow. it doesnt have to raunchy, but a bikini contest or wet t shirt, but depends if he wants a family type event. possiblities are endless. good luck.

Stelis 04-04-2007 01:52 AM

Hell, Barrett Junction is so remote, why don't we all just get naked there??

grumpy irish again 04-04-2007 11:18 AM

now I'm sorry I suggested we stop there stelis naked is more than I want to think about

ORIGINAL: Stelis

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/04B0DBF7EF4342FCB8381FF15134259A.jpg[/IMG]

Pixs 04-04-2007 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: grumpy irish again

now I'm sorry I suggested we stop there stelis naked is more than I want to think about

ORIGINAL: Stelis

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/04B0DBF7EF4342FCB8381FF15134259A.jpg[/IMG]
Yo Grumpy,

Wow, do you have a point!!! Unless he brings the Tecati Girls with him. Naha, athey wear too many threads, How about a fish net bikini contest?

Pixs 04-04-2007 03:08 PM

Seriously,

I'm not interesten in any more family oriented runs, we have enouth of that crÀp.

I for a ride in on two wheels (well, may be 3 wheels) or go home run.
[align=left] [/align]