Panhead A place to talk about Panhead motors.

Questions regarding Rivera Pro Clutch on a 48 Panhead 4-speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:19 AM
mrgforce
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions regarding Rivera Pro Clutch on a 48 Panhead 4-speed

I just purchased a Rivera Pro Clutch for the Big Twins ( 38 to 84 ) and have a couple questions regarding the way the parts fit with the original clutch basket. I have a 48 pan with the original clutch parts. When I put the new bearing assembly into the original basket there is approximately a 1/16 inch gap between the new bearing assembly and the back of the clutch basket. If I put on the ring that they supply and tighten down the small bolts, it will bow the ring in because the bolt holes are real close to the inside of the ring. IS THAT THE WAY THE RING IS SUPPPOSED TO FIT OR SHOULD THE BEARING ASSY BE FLUSH WITH THE CLUTCH BASKET AT THE BACK SO THE RING DOES NOT HAVE TO BOW? I've double checked and the bearing assy is against the back of the inside of the basket. Second question ... The thicker metal plate that goes in first DOES NOT sit all the way against the back of the clutch basket. It sits about a quarter of an inch away from the back of the basket. Is that the way they are supposed to be. Just seems weird that all the clutch pressure is being held by only the little cogs just in front of the bearing assy. The whole back of the clutch basket was used with the original clutch. Now none is used. Just curious. Would appreciate anyone's help with this. Thank you. Rich