Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Wanting to paint the Screamin Eagle logo

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM
ETMike
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wanting to paint the Screamin Eagle logo

that is stamped/indented (very nicely I must say) into my Dyna LRS Screamin Eagle exhausts. They are black ceramic coated and appear to be tough. Only the top muffler has the logo. I have thought of several different avenues to make this happen but keep thinking there must be a better way and I don't want to make a mess. Have any of you faced this peticular application? I am thinking of either going with red or gold paint. Possibly tapeing up closely around the logo and spraying it into the voids and then wiping or steelwooling the above grade excess off. Of coarse using an engine enamel or exhaust grade paint. The logo is near the end of the muffler, maybe not to extreme hot there? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Mike

Old 07-21-2017, 04:12 PM
ETMike
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that several folks read this. However, not hearing back from anyone who has tried this I went out on my own thinking that with careful planning I had it worked out and then created an absolute mess. Yes, I am admitting my failure. At this point there is only 2 different ways to redeam this project. Either replace the vandalized muffler or repaint both mufflers to match. So, from my perspective don't try this at home.

Hey, I have painted corvetts before with show quality results. Fiberglass being one of the most difficult surfaces to paint with great results.

I now know (think I know) another way to put the gold into the logo but at this time don't have another new muffler to try it on. Mike