Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Questions about powdercoating some parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to share your knowledge. Just not sure now if my buddy can do it now. The company he works for powdercoats 15000sq of garage doors a day. Unfortantly there is not a call for many gloss black garage doors. He said they have a couple variant's of black so he is checking on those. I offered to buy the powder myself but he said that's not possible due to the size and setup of the equipment his company owns.
I am currently looking into my other options. I called two powdercoat businesses but they want a lot. I am going to hold out until I can find someone doing it for a affordable price. I wouldn't mind doing it DIY but I'm Justill not sure yet if it would be cost effective just for the few parts I have.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:32 PM
2wheelwanderer
Road Master

Received 518 Likes on 260 Posts

Just stumbled across this. I used to do a lot of powder coating as a side gig. If you still have any questions feel free to contact me. dskinste@gmail.com

Todd

Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelwanderer
Just stumbled across this. I used to do a lot of powder coating as a side gig. If you still have any questions feel free to contact me. dskinste@gmail.com

Todd
That's funny I was actually Media blasting my Parts as your reply came in. I ended up doing all the stripping and media blasting myself and I found a guy that powder coats out of his garage. His results have been phenomenal. The powder coat comes out flawless with no runs and the finish is super hard and durable. I guess all the nice Ayers that said you can't do a good powder coat with non professional tools and ovens weren't exactly correct.
are you in the Phoenix area? If so I will definitely keep you in mind and I will pass your information along to anybody that I run into looking to get powder coat service done