Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Gunmetal Pearl Front Fender

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 07:22 AM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gunmetal Pearl Front Fender

Thought I posted this last night but had about 3 too many beers.

Picked up a 100th anniversary Road King Classic in Gunmetal that was abused. I am own to my last fix, which was fender paint damage and dents. I got the dents out, I filled/bondo'd the damage above and below the skirt (skirt got cause on something apparently and jammed up against the fender above it foe a wicked gouge. Took it to NAPA, and they "matched" the color with a touch up bottle. Not even close!!! Now I have a gunmetal pearl leopard.

So anyways, I can mount the skirt a little higher, drill holes, to hide some of the paint that does not match for one partial fix, but also I noticed a couple Gunmetal Pearl touch up kits that came in aerosol for $35. The clear coat was in a separate can and part of the kit. Is it possible to use aerosol, and wet sand and buff the clear out with somewhat professional results? The Florida sun fading is noticeable where the hardware shaded it, so I think without repainting the whole fender, there is no way to touch it up without it being pretty noticeable. We cannot afford another fender, and probably not even regular painting medium (I have an HVLP turbine sprayer if I could afford it).

I don't suppose anyone here has one laying around LOL?

Need some input.