Notices
Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Flat paint colors

Old 03-17-2019, 10:55 AM
wizardfitz
Default Flat paint colors

Question regarding the flat paint colors Harley has. Ordered 19 limited in industrial grey denim/ black denim. Iím wondering how the paint holds up to minor scratches. How easily does it scratch

Old Today, 06:53 AM
MilsurpShooter
Club Member

I've got the Denim Black on my bike. Best I can tell you, it's not like an egg shell. If you touch it it doesn't automatically mean scratches. It has some durability to it, granted I'm not going to go out and leave my jacket, zipper side down on it, and i'm not going to bungee a dirty cooler to the rear fender without something between it and the paint lol. Same do's and don't of a regular paint job really.

I just wash it with soap and water, not a lot of pressure, no scrubbing, just a clean sponge and pass it over the tank and fenders to get the grime off. Rinse, hit it again if it needs it. Scrubbing is the bad thing on the flat paint jobs, scrubbing kind of "polishes" it so even passes. Once it dries, I hit it with a flat paint detailer. I recommend Wizards Wipe Down Matte Paint Detailer. Used the Harley stuff when I got the bike but found it didn't do so well with water spots when washing or when I'd get stuck in the rain. Would need 3 or more applications to get the paint back to clean looking. Wizards stuff takes 2 passes at most.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: