Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
HarleyTony
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and this is really my first post, so please bare with me. I just signed up for this thing cause my friend suggested I share my excitement and this experience with you all. You see, I've been riding for a long time with my dad, we love Harley's. Recently he bought an M6 chain tensioner and installed it on his 98 Roadking, he loved it. He told me about it and I replied that I didn't need one of those things, I have a 2010 and it has an automatic chain tensioner, stock. Well that wasn't good enough for dad, he had to see it for himself. I was curious too, to see the difference. So we took apart my primary cover and WOW! My automatic chain tensioner had my primary chain so fricken tight it was crazy! You see it has these little teeth at the bottom that click tighter and tighter, but CAN'T loosen. Well I didn't like this at all! All the extra stress and wear and tear, etc. So I googled this problem and also this M6, an low and behold they have one for my bike. It's a BT07, here's the link http://www.haydensm6.com/m6_bt07.htm Well, I ordered it and just got it yesterday. It installed in about 10 minutes (my primary was still apart) and BAMN! What a difference! Seriously guys, check out this product and let me know what you think. They even have a video on the site.

Happy riding, I know I will be.