Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Twin Cam in Evo Softail frame / Offset Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM
SkinnyDog
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koko3052
I've done similar. Put a "B" & the 5 spd. in an Evo frame only because the frame had a lot of the "dimensions" that I wanted (up & out). Started by mounting the tranny to the swingarm bolt. All is centered perfectly.. no sidesaddle riding here! Running a 250 rear & front.. but all the "builders" said it couldn't be done and wouldn't (didn't know how)make the tripple trees for me ,so I made them myself. Using a "b" engine I just cut out all the engine & tranny mounts was simplist. Had to "stretch" the lower tubes by 2.5" to be able to get this twinky in.
Fuel tank made from a pair of '57 International "stepside" fenders, custom front & rear fenders, custom tripple trees, bars, dual headlights, etc.,..almost everything "custom" and done by owner. Still ongoing!
I'd love to talk with you about that project if your willing to give some pointers?