Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Transmission Fill Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
MB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Fill Bolt

Hi guys, was looking at my transmission fill plug/dipstick last night and concluded same won't be a problem removing with an allen wrench. However, due to my V&H pipes close proximity, i'm not sure if i can get at the fill bolt to re-attach with a torque wrench (as wrench is obviously deeper/more bulky). Saw in my harley catalog where a transmission fill plug dipstick is made with a bolt end, of which can be removed and attached with your fingers (bolt head that you can grasp to attach and remove). It looks like a great idea for somebody like myself, but thought i would get your opinions on same (mainly any disadvantages you see or have experienced). Can't remember its exact name, but thinking was the quick detach transmission fill dipstick, or something to that tune. thanks again. mb

Old 07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 147 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Transmission Fill Bolt

They work well, I have one on my bike, just verify the level of the fluid with the old dipstick against the level on the new dipstick that they are the same. That plug by the way is not a critical fastener and the need to torque it in is not very important. It has an "O" ring on it so it does not need too much torque in any event.