Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??

Old 03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
rfpmal
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??

Wiley X Brick with Rx lenses. Fit my face perfect with very little air infiltration when riding without windshield.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

RKHarley......I also wear contact lenses and I wear a pair of PanOptx day/night glasses. You want to go try a pair on though because I tried 4 different models until I found a pair that fit my face perfectly and sealed. I put 100 miles on this weekend with the new PanOptx and not one issue I love them. The PanOptx are also available in Rx, but I went with the non-Rx since I wear contacts already. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
good2135aaslt
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have glasses But I agree with Custom07RKC, I have been issued WieyX by the Army and they work but I really don't like the fit. But I have sold and worn PanOptx, and by far they are the best Goggle/Sunglasses I ever worn. I have used them on both Bikes and in the Turret in Iraq in a sand storm. They performed great But they are a bit tricky to get the right size so try some on and Ask people at rallies they are Normally at the stands, but are advailable through the dealers. and the eye cups are removable so they can be worn as normal sunglasses. Hey But just my two cents.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
shark
Advanced

Just had lasik done this past Friday - 2 days ago. Already see a huge improvement this morning. Have(had) astigmatism and the same issues with contacts as some other posters. Could never get good clear vision. I play ice hockey too, and between the bike and that, the trouble getting contacts lenses that were good for me made the lasik decision a lot easier. I had been holding off, because I was not sure of the outcome. Have had 3 fellow employees get it done, and they all have done well. Waiting for the rain to wash away the salt and sand in Massachusetts before I venture out. In the meantime, I'll do some shopping for sunglasses too.

Mike

Old 03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

I just had lasik doneMarch 5thand what a world of difference!
I went from 20/400 to 20/15! (i.e. that big E on the chart was a big fat blur....now I read the bottom line perfectly!) After the surgery, I slept for 3 hours and then walked across the house to the living room. The television was crystal clear! I cannot wait to get riding without carrying extra contact lenses in my bag! Just gotta get rid of the snow, salt and sand up here!
These are the glasses I wear. They are actually Harley safety glasses but you would never know. they wrap nicely to limit wind.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF...&PMCTLG=00

Happy riding!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
camper1
Intermediate

I wear gas perm hard lenses and have had Lasik twice. I'm one of the 1% determined to be nearsighted. Go figure. I wear a full face and have never had a problem with wind or dirt. I keep eyeballing a shorty helmet and thought I'd check out the padded sunglasses. However, everytime I try on the helmet, I chicken out. For those blind people, I had a -12.00 corrected. There's nothing like the smell of burning tissue while they work on your eyes!!

Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

I had lasik 5 years ago, the procedure is a piece of cake! I have absolutely no regrets, probably one of the smartest things I've ever done.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had good success with Body Glove glasses/goggles. They come with interchangeable gray/yellow/clear lenses, earpieces that convert to goggle straps and a removeable foam gasket that lets you wear them as sunglasses when you're off the bike.

I can't find them on the web, but they used to advertise in Thunder Press if you can find a copy. I think the glasses were in the $60 range.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear contacts and am not "a candidate" for the surgery per the Dr. I wear the glasses advertised on this site. They are cheap and work as well as when I had two different pairs of WileyX.

http://www.thebestmcglasses.com/

Old 06-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Sal C
Cruiser

Panoptix (with the foam liners) were my choice when I wore contacts. Have had laser since then....Worked great...I still wear my Panoptix though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best goggles/sunglasses for contact lens wearers??