Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Harley Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 10:02 PM
LKHD15
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Honeymoon

My Fiancé and I are getting married in October of this year and we're trying to plan our honeymoon. We want to go on a Harley Honeymoon right after our wedding somewhere in the US. We're looking for ideas of places to go and stay and what types of rides to go on once we're there. At this time we're looking at going to Arizona but we're looking for suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:38 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 666 Posts

Sounds great, but I would need a little more info before making meaningful suggestions, like: Where are you starting from, how long have you got, what kind of budget, bare bones camping or 5 star hotels? Riding two up or does she have her own bike? How many miles a day are you, and her, comfortable riding?

Last edited by deadhawg; 03-16-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhawg
Sounds great, but I would need a little more info before making meaningful suggestions, like: Where are you starting from, how long have you got, what kind of budget, bare bones camping or 5 star hotels? Riding two up or does she have her own bike? How many miles a day are you, and her, comfortable riding?

I agree to everything deadhawg said.

My Wife and I did the same, but we took a month off. We left Vancouver BC to Newport Oregon, San Francisco, took my daughter to DL, Las Vegas Wedding where the motorcycle played a role. Went out to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, off to Gallup, Amarillo, then on to New Orleans. We carried down to Margaritaville in Pensacola, then up to Memphis. We also took in a couple of days in Milwaukee. We finished up in Sturgis in the pre-rally and then headed on home.

That is the nickel tour... I omitted a few inbetween spots.

But if you got time, you can ride a lot... Hindsight being 20-20, I would wish we took a little more time at some of the destination cities, and maybe covered a little less ground... NAH - Ride like a manaic...

Give us a little more info please

H

Old 03-17-2015, 10:13 PM
LKHD15
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are leaving for upstate New York and we will most likely be towing our bike and setting up a base camp to ride out of. We're doing this because of the crazy New York weather this time of year and don't want to worry about weather getting out or coming back. We ride two up and we plan on being gone for 2 to 3 weeks. We are comfortable with trips up to 300 miles a day but are comfortable doing more if it's worth the trip. We would like to stay at a nice place doesn't have to be a 5 star resort but a very nice place, after all it's our honeymoon. Our budget is flexible to fit our liking. We want this to be a trip of our lifetime as we don't see ourselves being able to do this type of trip again for sometime.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,967 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I just want to wish you and your finance a long and happy life together.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 AM
asm481
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You also don't say what you two would like to do. Some people wanna party like Mardis Gras others would rather find a secluded beach and lay round for days on end. Either way good luck with the nuptial's.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:59 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

That time of year i might think about NC-Tenn- GA-Arkansas area-maybe 2 or 3 areas of stays--beautiful riding and lots to see---just my take on it!! Rocker

Old 03-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,925 Likes on 2,566 Posts

Based on the time of year and what it seems like you want to do, this would be my plan.

Trailer to Maggie Valley, NC. Do a couple of days there, ride the Dragon etc. Maybe shoot over to Nashville for a day. Then I would head south, maybe work a day or two of Biketoberfest into the trip and then go to Key West for a couple of days or more and lay around in the sun. Hitting as many points of interest as you like along the way.

For my money, this is your best bet for good weather at that time of year.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:31 AM
hamlinbikertrash
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and i rode from Upstate NY down to East Tennessee to get married 9 yrs ago. Stayed for about 10 days and fell in love with that area. We`re actually looking right now now to relocate down there. So many awesome roads, great scenery and things to do. There`s horse back riding and whitewater rafting along with all the other touristy stuff. And did i mention the awesome road? Good luck

Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

If you get south to NC as suggested above, then pack up and ride west through TN and over to AR, the colors there that time of year are great -- and weather is generally good too. Great riding all over AR with some good places to see and stay, including Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, and many places in between. Then back to "base" where trailer is via MS.

For a do-it-yourself piecing together of great roads and routes, check out www.motorcycleroads.com and click on the state(s) you want to ride. The great roads highlighted by riders will be accompanied by comments on what to expect.

Congrat's on your upcoming celebration!

Quick Reply: Harley Honeymoon