Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ohio bike week in june

Old 01-24-2016, 05:44 AM
Justhere45102
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ohio bike week in june

New here and have not been riding in years. Last year got a dyna and wanting to get out and put a few miles on it this year. So the question how is Ohio bike week I would just be riding up from sw Ohio.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:41 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Welcome.

I go every year. It's a Damn good time. I've been for the entire week before, but that's a waste. I usually go up and get a room from Thursday until Sunday - get up there by 3 on Thursday, and I'm back home late Sunday afternoon.

It's a rally. You're not going to see much that you don't see at every other rally. So, if you don't like rallies, you probably won't have a good time.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Welcome.

I go every year. It's a Damn good time. I've been for the entire week before, but that's a waste. I usually go up and get a room from Thursday until Sunday - get up there by 3 on Thursday, and I'm back home late Sunday afternoon.

It's a rally. You're not going to see much that you don't see at every other rally. So, if you don't like rallies, you probably won't have a good time.
Pretty much spot on. I went one time, the riding in the area is nothing to brag about but the party was fun. Not really my thing, but I can say I have been there.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:00 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

I've been the last two years. Great time. Put-N-Bay is great for a day. Check out the Round Bar.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:34 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I live about 20 miles from the rally and like the others said it is just a rally. The concerts are worth seeing and it is a good time. The riding is forgettable up here but I do like the suggestion of Put-In-Bay if you like to party. I usually spend a couple of days up there.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:05 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Went once way back in 2010. Did not find it amusing. Same old, Same old as any other bike rallies. Screamin' Girls, Concerts, Tire Burning Contest and Food/Beer. P-I-B was more fun as we rode through every street and partied at the Big Tiki Bar by the Boardwalk. Spent 2 nights there. Have to ride at least 1.5 hours South to enjoy the views especially The Hills and Amish farms

Old 01-27-2016, 03:03 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

To the OP - As you can see, everybody is describing the same way. The only difference is that some folks are bored, and some folks love it. So, it depends entirely on you.

Like I said, we roll up there for 4 days EVERY year. We have a frigging blast.

Last edited by From_Behind; 01-27-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:21 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Went once way back in 2010. Did not find it amusing. Same old, Same old as any other bike rallies. Screamin' Girls, Concerts, Tire Burning Contest and Food/Beer. P-I-B was more fun as we rode through every street and partied at the Big Tiki Bar by the Boardwalk. Spent 2 nights there. Have to ride at least 1.5 hours South to enjoy the views especially The Hills and Amish farms
We don't go for the riding.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:50 AM
Justhere45102
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies just looking for someplace to go in june not extremely far from the house it will be the first longer trip on this bike.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Highmonk7
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im going question

I'm planning on going to the bike ralley and staying at the camp ground. I also have a buddy who, wants to go, but do to a divorce had to sell his bike. Is the bike week still fun for some who wouldn't have a bike with them just wanted to party. I've heard cops are forcefully in Sandusky is this true

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ohio bike week in june