Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 06:46 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,086 Likes on 8,915 Posts

Onwards & Upwards with the learning curve .... no matter how well you sort out "The Starting Sequence " of your Panhead .... she just won't start without gas in the tank, no matter how many times you kick her through ..... 🙄

Old 08-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Scorpio09SG
Road Captain
Received 410 Likes on 231 Posts

Hey Rocky,
It like turning one over and over until you run the battery right down, only to find out the start/stop switch is in the stop position. Duhhhhhhhh! LOL
Fortunately I have never done it but know a few who have.
Cheers, Terry

Old 08-29-2017, 07:03 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Scorpio09SG
Hey Rocky,
It like turning one over and over until you run the battery right down, only to find out the start/stop switch is in the stop position. Duhhhhhhhh! LOL
Fortunately I have never done it but know a few who have.
Cheers, Terry
Except I was turning it over and over again with brute force & Salty language. You can tell how much fun someone is having kick starting their Pan on a hot day by how much of their clothes is scattered on the ground on the right side of the bike......

The following users liked this post:
Peter Griffin (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 02:53 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I need two women in my life.... one to kick start my Pan...

...and if I where so lucky to find one ....

One to Electic start my Heart.....

Peter Griffin (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 02:57 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Today's chores on BabyDoll where to install the leads to the battery so I can run my Heated vest, tighten up assorted nuts and bolts, & fine tune the tool kit (so I can tighten up said nuts and bolts).

I used my first bit of Duct Tape on the Pan today.

We head out on Sunday about 9

Old 08-29-2017, 02:59 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

A bright Red Giant in the sky this morning....

jeffro09 (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 03:26 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 508 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Today's chores on BabyDoll where to install the leads to the battery so I can run my Heated vest, tighten up assorted nuts and bolts, & fine tune the tool kit (so I can tighten up said nuts and bolts).

I used my first bit of Duct Tape on the Pan today.

We head out on Sunday about 9

Make sure your charging system will support your heated gear especially if you're running any additional lights. My GF rides a 98 883 but she can't run a jacket liner & gloves at the same time as her crash bar mounted lights. We found that out many years ago on a rood trip. We had to push start her bike because the battery was getting drained by the extra lights & heated gear. Enjoy your trip.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by 14GuineaPig
Make sure your charging system will support your heated gear especially if you're running any additional lights. My GF rides a 98 883 but she can't run a jacket liner & gloves at the same time as her crash bar mounted lights. We found that out many years ago on a rood trip. We had to push start her bike because the battery was getting drained by the extra lights & heated gear. Enjoy your trip.
I had thought about that. I won't run it constantly. I will cycle on and off. I am going to mount a Voltage indicator this winter. That and oil pressure & temperature gauges.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:21 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

A pretty big step at work this week. I turned in my Class 1 Drivers License and now only have a car/motorcycle license and kept the Air Brakes ticket (maybe get a Motorhome?). Then cancelled ALL of my Instructors Licensing. That means I cannot teach anyone anything. Now it's up to the boys outback to carry all the weight (they where anyway). And with my front end staff running the office, I am just stepping into more of a pure managerial position (what I call "Big Think") and developmental work. We are expanding our space (I hope) by 100% this fall and I am still looking for another Instructor to deal with the increasing Intake. The hardest thing in this business is to find good Instructors.

So in effect, I will be the old guy in the suspenders sitting on the porch just getting in the way......

Old and New Iron out front at Office....clearly IN the way

jeffro09 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:08 AM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
A pretty big step at work this week. I turned in my Class 1 Drivers License and now only have a car/motorcycle license and kept the Air Brakes ticket (maybe get a Motorhome?). Then cancelled ALL of my Instructors Licensing. That means I cannot teach anyone anything. Now it's up to the boys outback to carry all the weight (they where anyway). And with my front end staff running the office, I am just stepping into more of a pure managerial position (what I call "Big Think") and developmental work. We are expanding our space (I hope) by 100% this fall and I am still looking for another Instructor to deal with the increasing Intake. The hardest thing in this business is to find good Instructors.

So in effect, I will be the old guy in the suspenders sitting on the porch just getting in the way......

Old and New Iron out front at Office....clearly IN the way
But such nice seats.

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....