Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Rocky your weather stinks

Old 03-30-2018, 05:01 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

Originally Posted by 5wheels
Rocky your weather stinks
I got To ride this morning for a bit. But still not able to get out like last year at this time.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:34 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Our Canadian weather hasn't been listening to all the news reports about Global Warming.Here in Manitoba we're about 15C below normal with no above 0 temps forcasted till April 9th. Glad you got some riding in Rocky my last ride was last October I'm getting Pi####ed.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:40 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by SWMB
Our Canadian weather hasn't been listening to all the news reports about Global Warming.Here in Manitoba we're about 15C below normal with no above 0 temps forcasted till April 9th. Glad you got some riding in Rocky my last ride was last October I'm getting Pi####ed.
I bet you are ...... it almost seems like Winter starts a month later and lasts a month longer.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,356 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Snowed 10 inches to the south of me last Saturday, not much left of it today. Hopefully things change for you soon. I look to have a week of rain headed my way.

Still some signs of winter hanging around.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (03-30-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 08:40 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Beginning of April looks like a wash....today looks to be the only day for riding.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:21 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I wanted to go for a ride today, but it is snowing lightly, so I decided to stay in and screw with peoples minds instead...... Also, I spend a bit of time going through my picture archives, and came up with a Journey of a different kind. The Silver Internatinoal was mine. I sold it since, but at the time put it out on the highway. It was running from Northern Alberta to Texas and California. I had a part time driver on it and he ran some it, and so did I. We even did some together, one of us driving, the other one in the bunk. It was actually a lot of fun and out of all the driving I did over the years, one of the most enjoyable "jobs" i had as a truck driver.....

These are reels of plastic pipe made in Calgary and on their way to the oil fields of West Texas. Because they where over height, we had to get permits to run through every state, and had to stay on specific routes. We had to tie these loads down by ourselves, and had to make sure the pipe did not rub against anything, or it would get damaged. I was doing this run by myself. The guy in the cab over was doing the same route as me, pipe down, and rig matting we picked up in Houston back to Alberta

We hauled Pump Jacks from Alberta to both California and Texas. Mark and I where running as a sleeper team on this run.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:36 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Cool pics, Rocky. So, do those tractors that have a sleeper also have a place you can take a ****? If so they must be a pain to maintain. Also thinking that lying in the sleeper while somebody else is driving sure requires a lot of trust. Would be tough for many.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:47 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by mtgriz
Cool pics, Rocky. So, do those tractors that have a sleeper also have a place you can take a ****? If so they must be a pain to maintain. Also thinking that lying in the sleeper while somebody else is driving sure requires a lot of trust. Would be tough for many.
No bathroom in them. Their are larger sleepers in the US that could have them. And your right, you have to really trust the other person. Mark was a new driver and I had a chance to do some serious training with him. Him and I once did Houston to Edmonton in 40 hours. That included all stops. We ran hard and stopped little. It was fun.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:31 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

So..... as you know I am making some changes. I started up my new stand alone blog, so I am not only stepping back in time, touring on the Pan, but I am stepping forward also. Most of my shots on the thread are From the iPhone .... but it has significant limitations.... I don’t care what the TV ads say. One is the DPI, only 72, another is the lens, not even close to a real Camera in its capabilities and another is that they are JPEGS. A real camera has much better Glass, different types of lenses and you can shoot RAW.

My camera has a way to talk to my phone, Wifi, so I can shoot in the camera using RAW, then upload to my iPhone, where I can adjust the image using a Photoshop app, then upload to the thread and Blog. It will be a learning curve but here is the first one.

Shot using my DLSR using a telephoto lense, saved in RAW, sent to the phone, framed the image and uploaded to the thread. How’s the clarity on your different devices and computer screens?

From my living room. The Canadian Rocky Mountains

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....