Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 PM
wyoming55
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great pics Rocky, glad to see you are back on the road, enjoy, also the" In Memory "is a cool idea, you are a good man.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (05-18-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:37 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Hey Rock!

Sorry I missed the start of the thread, nice jester, riding for cancer and the people affected by it!
You can add my Father (Wayne, 2002) and my Mother (Maybelle, still with us, two time cancer survivor) to your list and I would suspect at some point in my life I will be directly affected by it too because it seems to be hereditary!

Ride on Brother!

Mom snowmobiling at 83 years old!

Mom came out to Togwotee when I worked out west and we rode on the Pink Ribon Riders ride in 2012

Last edited by jdw1; 05-22-2018 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Adding a pic of mom!
The following 2 users liked this post by jdw1:
CanadianRocky (05-22-2018), SWMB (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 10:52 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

Originally Posted by jdw1

Hey Rock!

Sorry I missed the start of the thread, nice jester, riding for cancer and the people affected by it!
You can add my Father (Wayne, 2002) and my Mother (Maybelle, still with us, two time cancer survivor) to your list and I would suspect at some point in my life I will be directly affected by it too because it seems to be hereditary!

Ride on Brother!

Mom snowmobiling at 83 years old!

Mom came out to Togwotee when I worked out west and we rode on the Pink Ribon Riders ride in 2012
thats a good picture of your mom.
Two years ago it was for Bear, last year it ended up being for PizzaBob ..... well, this year it is for those that can’t.
Pan is almost ready, old boots are resoled and Gorrilla taped up, and I am some looking forward to the season.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:40 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Mostly just staying close to my daughter helping out as needed, but getting out on the bike a bit. I rode out on Marine Drive to Horeshoe Bay the other evening. Nice twisty road but nowhere to stop and take road pictures. I went out to Crescent beach the other day to visit an old friend I have not seen for close to 40 years. Had a coffe and caught up. The first picture is in front of his place and the two other Harley’s where a couple of guys I changed with for a bit. They wondered how I could sit on the bike for 10 hr days, and where shocked to hear about my 13,000 mile 10 week ride last summer.... both where half my age .... oh well, the future is here I guess.

There is a ride on Sunday to raise money & awareness about Prostate Cancer. I am going on it. Should get some good pictures. I need to polish up Darla a bit first.

The second picture is the Spin-On oil filter on the Panhead. She is ready to ride and I am as giddy as a school boy on Christmas Eve.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Rocky, could you add Autumn to your ride. I tried to use the in memory but couldn't manage. She lost her battle last year. She was our son's fiancé. She loved to ride.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:26 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by 5wheels
Rocky, could you add Autumn to your ride. I tried to use the in memory but couldn't manage. She lost her battle last year. She was our son's fiancé. She loved to ride.
Absolutly ..... Sorry for the loss to your family:..... I will find a good spot to take a great picture for her.

5wheels (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 07:59 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I will be in the parking lot of Vancouver Harley Davidson, Trev Deeleys, about 8 or so tomorrow morning for the Ride To Live prostate awareness event. If your there, just look for Darla.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:47 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by 5wheels
5Wheels ..... today’s Ride was for Autumn ...... Ride for Life.

Darla all ready to go and stuff ....

Those parked close

Waiting to get going....

..... and still waiting

.... at the final stop. Lots of people showed up. Did not win diddly but the cause is necessary..... and the hamburgers decent.

5wheels (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 05:23 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Rocky, I glanced at the post this morning before heading out. I just spotted the nametag. Thank you for remembering Autumn. If you make East Tenn. sometime I would enjoy sharing a cup of coffee.
Eddy

CanadianRocky (05-28-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 12:52 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Darla has been under wraps for almost the entire time I have been in Vancouver. Thursday I will head back to Cranbrook. No south trip for me right now. There are other more pressing issues I need to deal with...... but I will take two days going home. Day one will Cranbrook to Vernon.... not which way yet, but on the map I have it going up and over the Coquihalla and the Okanogan Connector. I will decide in Hope which way. It has been a long long time since I went up the Fraser canyon..... anyway, after a night in Vernon, I will go via the boats to Creston, and then home. It is suppose to clear up by then so maybe I will get a good few days in the Sun. Not sure what happens after that for the summer.... like I said, there are issues I need to deal with. Some work, some personel.

Here is a basic route for getting home....

Right through the heart........

mccpdx (06-16-2018)

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....