Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   Roadtrips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/1117190-roadtrips.html)

Rocker NH 05-24-2016 06:29 AM

Riding northern NH and then Maine coast Friday through Tuesday/they are calling for some rain but screw it ,winter was too long around here. Rocker

Chief2505 05-24-2016 08:42 AM

Leaving Thursday after work heading for Nashville for the weekend! Will put a couple hundred miles on Thursday then wander through the back roads on Friday and stay with my brother Friday night and Saturday.

Will head home Sunday doing some more wandering of back roads. Have to be home Monday afternoon/evening sometime.

Hoping the weather is great but will deal with it as it happens!

rydeer 05-24-2016 11:24 AM

Leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) Heading to Fla, Then New Orleans, then where the road takes me. Got 18 days!!!

silent1 05-24-2016 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by robertwy (Post 15172899)
Where are the pics?

They're coming :icon_user:

Originally Posted by Rocker NH (Post 15174691)
Riding northern NH and then Maine coast Friday through Tuesday/they are calling for some rain but screw it ,winter was too long around here. Rocker

Suit up and ride out, man. It won't be long before the snowflakes fly again.

silent1 05-24-2016 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by robertwy (Post 15172899)
Where are the pics?

Here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...f-silent1.html

redcar 05-26-2016 08:26 AM

Have already started my "Holiday" trip. Left Michigan last week, rode down to Naples for a few weeks,, to visit my buddy, get some sun and let the midwest weather calm down. Took a little time to ride the Dragon Tail on the way down. Then the outline is to head to Colorado for a few more weeks and spend some quality time with my daughter. Get to Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, ride the Rockies for a bit. Maybe, just, maybe return to Michigan in July some time. It's only an outline, wide open for where ever the rode takes me.

byronk 05-26-2016 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by redcar (Post 15181262)
Have already started my "Holiday" trip. Left Michigan last week, rode down to Naples for a few weeks,, to visit my buddy, get some sun and let the midwest weather calm down. Took a little time to ride the Dragon Tail on the way down. Then the outline is to head to Colorado for a few more weeks and spend some quality time with my daughter. Get to Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, ride the Rockies for a bit. Maybe, just, maybe return to Michigan in July some time. It's only an outline, wide open for where ever the rode takes me.

Now this is what I look forward to doing when I retire..........Ride safe!

Mike Lawless 05-26-2016 11:52 AM

I had a two-week road trip planned. To Missoula from Central California, stay a couple days with family, then go west and ride south on the PCH.
However, something came up and I can only allot one week.
So, from Fresno/Clovis west to the coast and start making my way north on the PCH, ending in Crescent City to hang out with a buddy for a couple days, then east to 395 south. Maybe turn west on 50 and go thru Lake Tahoe, or continue south on 395 to Tioga pass. It just opened a couple days ago.

I'm gonna relax and take my time, only doing about 200 miles each day on the way out. Stop frequently to take in my surroundings.

Michael Psycle 05-26-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless (Post 15181798)
I had a two-week road trip planned. To Missoula from Central California, stay a couple days with family, then go west and ride south on the PCH.
However, something came up and I can only allot one week.
So, from Fresno/Clovis west to the coast and start making my way north on the PCH, ending in Crescent City to hang out with a buddy for a couple days, then east to 395 south. Maybe turn west on 50 and go thru Lake Tahoe, or continue south on 395 to Tioga pass. It just opened a couple days ago.

I'm gonna relax and take my time, only doing about 200 miles each day on the way out. Stop frequently to take in my surroundings.

And I just got back from exploring your area of central California and had a good ride through Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Nice area you have there.

Mike Lawless 05-26-2016 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Psycle (Post 15181808)
And I just got back from exploring your area of central California and had a good ride through Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Nice area you have there.

Thanks! I go there frequently. I've been impatiently waiting for the road to open deeper into Kings Canyon.

The central Sierra's are a rider's dream, criss-crossed with curvacious roads. They need to be respected as can thrill and they can kill.