Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

My New Hampshire trip

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 01:38 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts

Another road we were on was bear notch road off the Kanc. It had some nice scenery which is where this picture came from.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:10 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You cannot go wrong in the White Mountains in NH. Been going up there at least once a year for the past many years. I also did a 4 day ride with my son this summer. Great riding and thanks for sharing the pics. As far as the moose goes, never saw one in all the times we we have been up there.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:17 PM
buffettphan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post. All of this is my back yard. Next time your in the area send me a note and the Winnipesaukee HOG Chapter can show you all the sights you would ever need to see. As far as Moose, we see them all the time in my back yard but just be glad you didn't see them while on your bike, it wouldn't have ended well!

Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you enjoyed our state! I rode up Mt Washington Sunday and it was pretty busy. If you get behind someone doing 10 or less just stop and give them some time if you can. Too hard to ride in the friction zone. When we went up, as we pulled into the upper parking lot, a woman decided to walk out in the middle of the entrance to take a family pic. My bud had to lay it over (very steep spot, especially while making a turn at 5 mph) I was behind him holding on to the front brake real tight stuck on the same steep section and definitely had one of those moments. All was good in the end though. On the way down we saw a guy in an SUV headed up right at the start of the dirt section who had the "deer in the headlights" look and was stopped in the road with a backup behind him. Some folks are not cut out for that particular road. It is definitely much nicer on a quiet day but is a must do. Also did the Kanc from Conway to Bear Notch and was surprised at the road condition in that area. It gets beat, Bear Notch wasn't bad though.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:52 PM
silent1
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tmultra
Another road we were on was bear notch road off the Kanc. It had some nice scenery which is where this picture came from.
Bear Notch is awesome, and one of my favorite roads in the state, especially now that it's paved.

For the moose, you see them more further up, especially on Route 2 or Route 3 north of Pittsburg at dusk. They are big, dumb, and dangerous, and I hope to never encounter one on my bike.

Last edited by silent1; 09-02-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Tim04FLHRCI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice trip! I love New Hampshire and have only been on Mt Washington in a car. I've been up Mt Greylock in Adams Ma many times and this past Saturday we went to Mt Equinox in Shaftsbury Vt.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:07 AM
waramaug
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So that's what Mt. Washington looks like. Was up there about 3 weeks ago. Beautiful,sunny day in the 80's. At the top was 50's 45mph wind and raining.Almost got lost in the fog 10 feet from the building. Glad you lucked out. They say that there are only about 50 sunny days a year at the top.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:01 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by waramaug
So that's what Mt. Washington looks like. Was up there about 3 weeks ago. Beautiful,sunny day in the 80's. At the top was 50's 45mph wind and raining.Almost got lost in the fog 10 feet from the building. Glad you lucked out. They say that there are only about 50 sunny days a year at the top.
Have to admit we hit it on a perfect day. When we were over where the cog railroad goes up looking up there were clouds hanging at the top most of the time. By the time we circled around and got some lunch it cleared up and not one cloud crossed while we were up there

Old 05-05-2017, 11:32 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,337 Likes on 10,703 Posts

IS there a place a to pull off on the way up and put on more gear or take if off on the way down?

I have not been to the top since I was a kid and do not remember.

BuzzCap7

Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
IS there a place a to pull off on the way up and put on more gear or take if off on the way down?

I have not been to the top since I was a kid and do not remember.

BuzzCap7
Yes Buzz, at least 3 or 4 and on the way down the same to stop and cool down your brakes---trust me stop at least once both ways
Rocker

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (05-07-2017)

Quick Reply: My New Hampshire trip