Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

My New Hampshire trip

Old 08-30-2016, 07:44 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts
Default My New Hampshire trip

So we pulled out Friday morning at five in the morning. Took a bit of a detour through Vermont through the green mountains. Gorgeous there. Arrived at our campsite about 4:00. The next day started touring the white mountains. Franconia notch on I93 is amazing. .

From there headed to the cog railroad that goes up mount Washington. We didn't ride it as it is $70 per person and I thought it was a bit expensive. Still it was worth the ride over to see.

From there we rode down into Conway and the sights along the way we're gorgeous.

In Conway we stopped by the dealer which I was less than impressed with. Had pizza at Elvios which was recommended to me by a coworker. Really good. When we left there we headed for mount Washington. We had to wait about 30 minutes to get to the toll both to ride up. $26 for a motorcycle with passenger which I thought was bit high but seems everything in New England is. The ride up was amazing though. Also one of the scariest roads I've ever been on. A one mile section was very narrow and not paved. The worst part the car in front of me was going way to slow at that point and I thought I was going to have to stop and have to try and pull out on that section. Pictures do the views up there no justice.

Last edited by tmultra; 08-30-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:46 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. We just did 1700 miles from Ohio to Maine. Crossed NH on Rt 9. Beautiful ride.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:23 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior

More pics from mount Washington

The rest of the day we road some random roads taking in the sights. Had dinner in Lincoln at the black mountain burger company. Some of the best burgers I ever had and good prices.

The next morning we had breakfast at flapjacks in Lincoln. Food good prices a little high I thought but like I said seems most things are high here. From there we headed for the coast of Maine in Portland. The drive between Lincoln and Portland is..... well boring. The coast on the other hand is awesome!!

From there we headed south a way and slowly circled back into New Hampshire. We circled around lake winnipesaukee. Still not sure if spelled that right lol. The lake and back drops were astounding. Not to many places to stop for pics though. Circled up to the dealer in Laconia. Really nice dealership then had dinner at the restraunt right beside it that specialized in almost all turkey dinners. Kind of different as everything was turkey in some way or another but it was good. From there we headed back and rode Kanc. We had actually rode in the morning on the way to Maine. Scenery is very nice but the quality of the road as most roads in New Hampshire seem to be was very poor. Bumpy and cracked and just a bit miserable to ride on. Stopped and home to a pretty little waterfall.

My only disappointment on this trip was I didn't see a moose. The next morning we started the very long ride home. It was a great trip and myself I think the scenery outdoes the smokeys. Next time I need more time to explore. I hope everyone enjoys the small percentage of sights we took in.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:22 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm So Jealous. I was There Last week. Mt Washington was Closed to Bikes. 78 MPH winds and that Mile of dirt was Mud. It was so overcast I didn't bother to take the van up as I would not be able to see anything anyway. I did most of the other parts of Your trip. Where is Home?

Old 08-31-2016, 06:49 AM
tmultra
Road Warrior

Home for me is southern Pennsylvania near Gettysburg.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:53 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Thanks sooo much for this!!! Were there a few weeks ago, with the family so in a rented cage, but. We skipped the mt to cut our day short, did the Kancamagus from Conway to Lincoln and then Franconia, Mom and Grandma had us on covered bridge hunts. Excellent country. Also, I could have sat at portland head all day watching the boats come and go...... sittin on the dock of the bay!

Old 08-31-2016, 06:56 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

oh yeah.... we also missed the moose

Old 08-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Dcampri
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Up there the Moose can surprise you in a bad way while riding. Bike week I was riding near Laconia on a side road and a cub crossed the road ahead of us.
Nice story. I'm heading to NH and will be riding some of the same roads. New Hampshire is a great state. They live by their motto "Live free or die".

Last edited by Dcampri; 08-31-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,979 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by tmultra
Home for me is southern Pennsylvania near Gettysburg.
We have friends in Gardners we visit couple times a year--we were there in July[15/16/17] nice little ride on 233 off 30 to 34 I believe---some nice riding in your state,we,ve probably logged at least 5k down there-----Glad you all enjoy NH,the roads are sometimes in need of repair but all in all beautiful scenery,but like most of us ,after riding same roads all the time,time to explore new territory
We do most of our New England riding in Maine[just because we love the coast] but each state here has many scenic rides-----Nh and Maine are no helmet law for what that,s worth . The fall beauty is coming along with leaf peepers,so any one headed here for that heed warning to cagers stopped anywhere they please for photo ops---Ride safe. On a side note--my wife says the Smokies area riding reminds her of northern NH------Rocker

Old 09-01-2016, 12:07 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the pics. Leaving tomorrow morning from Baltimore to Franconia, Mount Washington, and Watkins Glen. I'll take the van tour to the top of Mt Wash. Friend did the road to the top on their trike and said it was scary especially when the trucks take their portion of the road in the middle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New Hampshire trip