Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Key West Trip & Eats

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:17 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Forgot about the stuffed pig mm49 great breakfast we had on the way out

Old 04-23-2017, 08:50 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Ha ha. Stuffed pig. That's what I am now.
Day two. We headed south on 25. Got on 301 around Statesville. Caught 82 over to the Brunswick HD dealership and got another poker chip. Ran 17 from there to A1A to Amelia island. Ran that down to St Augustine. About 340 miles. We ate at the Sunset Grill. The Ahi Tuna tacos are great. The wife had the lobster raviolis. They are very good. The froo froo drinks are pretty good. I had a couple pain killers. They have a couple different rums and coconut and pineapple. Or something.
Riding the flat straight roads is a big change and can get boring. But it was an enjoyable day of riding.
South GA pines

Amelia island riding along the coast

Almost forgot. Just after crossing the bridge to ST Augustine. There's a place on the left. Hoptinger. They have 86 draft beers. Pretzel sticks and brats in a blanket were very good.

Light house

Thank goodness no drama today. Tomorrow we heading to Miami.

The following users liked this post:
fullautomike (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 06:45 PM
GADAWGFAN#1
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Enjoying your trip diary. Keep us up to date. Living vicariously through you guys...

Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad the bump in the *** didn't ruin the trip, and you guys didn't get hurt. Keep posting the pictures, they are great! Mike

Old 04-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Cazador

Ahhh. Day three coming to an end. Started out with a good breakfast. Eggs Benedict, hash browns,sausage and bacon. La cosina restaurant in the hotel. We stayed at the Castillo Real.
We rode A1A and stopped at the Dayton HD for a poker chip. Rode by the race track and then down to Space Coast HD. Damn. They are loaded with bikes. Probably 20 to 30 of each model.
We decided to jump on I-95 south to make some time. Around West Palm we pulled off for gas and to let a rain shower pass. Did not realize that it was going to put us in rush hour on 95. I give kudos to any of you south Florida guys.. it was like death race 2000. Six lanes of crazy at 80 mph. For like fifty miles. The wife was scared to hold her phone so I don't have any pictures. But every one should come enjoy that.
We are staying at the Vagabond Hotel downtown. Cool place. Sorta like a Jimmy Dean Sammy Davis type place. We ate at a Venezuelan place down the street. Awesome empanadas and arenas. Had a couple drinks at the hotel pool bar. Great bartender with some funny stories.
Side note. The other day at the Brunswick HD dealership we talked to a couple that were on a return trip. They rode from Palm beach to Philadelphia. Any way. We ran into them again at the Dayton HD. While we were at space coast HD. We met a couple from Kentucky. They were on their way to Miami also. Then onto key west. No doubt we will run across them there.
My phone charger decided to quit so I didn't get any pictures today. I will have the wife forward some and post them tomorrow. A couple drinks in her and she is done for the night. I am surprised that y'all can't hear her snoring.
Off to the keys in the morning.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:04 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,313 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Lol.....when I was living in Fort Lauderdale I was on 95 twice a day, everyday......Had a friend come see me from N.C.....when time came for him to leave he says...is there any way outta here without going on that damn road?......

You get used to it......just get in one of the left 2 lanes and drop the hammer.....

Old 04-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Cazador

After a small breakfast we headed south. Took US 1 through town. Cool city but it will wear the clutch with all the lights. Hour and a half and we were 25 miles down the road. Then it was along the everglades and on towards the keys.

Along some beautiful waters

Great weather and an awesome ride.

Got a bungalow type room at Southwinds for $150 / night. Queen bed, kitchenette and a small living area with a pull out sofa. One block off Duvall. Walked across the street to the corner store and deli and got a spicy Cuban sandwich and a little beer. Darn good sammich. I didn't get a picture for you but the bag says you know it's going to be good

Looking forward to some conch fritters later

Old 04-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,923 Likes on 2,565 Posts

I am sure I am not the only guy looking at these pictures at work, and I am here to say you are killing me!!!!!

Enjoy, more pics, if you are going to torture me do it right. Thanks.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Cazador

Went and watched the sun set last night.

Went to Irish Kevin and had a few pints and a bunch of laughter

Then down the street for some conch fritters and fries

Old 04-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

I have been to the Keys many times and the route I take eliminates West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. For your return trip I suggest that at Florida City/Homestead you take Route 997 north crossing the Tamiami Trail to Route 27 north to South Bay and right on to Route 441. At Belle Glade head for Pahokee and north to the junction of Route 76 east to Florida's Turnpike, I-95 or US 1 north. Should you choose to tour the west coast you can access the Tamiami Trail or Alligator Alley (I-75).
Oh and don't forget Pepe's on Caroline St.(Key West) Old Keys atmosphere, good food,good drinks.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Key West Trip & Eats