Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Daytona Bike Week from CA 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 07:46 AM
rossman
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Daytona Bike Week from CA 2017

Well check this one off the bucket list. I joined up with 11 friends on an early morning breakfast meet up scheduled to leave for Phoenix by 0800. We rolled into that AZ berg about 2030. We reached TX Fort Stockton the next day. A whole day riding across TX is the norm and we did it through half a day storm. From Beaumont to Tallahassee was a breeze, off the gulf blew the storm us sideways and cause we were wet still yes it was a freeze. A blowout west of Mobile AL caused a pause. Of course he was last in our group and he sat alone for a while. Our chase car was a Charger and roar to the floor they worked it out with 4 Benjamin's. From Tallahassee to Daytona was short. It never warmed up until we decided to leave 5 days later. So we took I-10 out we took I-40 going home. Tuepelo MS on first day going back. Crack of dawn I sat on Elvis's lawn. 2 bikes split off and we rode to Beale Street. A **** hole of a place. we rolled on to OK city on 2nd day. On to to Hollbrook AZ the 3rd day. Breakfast in Flagstaff and fueling at Kingman AZ we accidentally met back up with the remainder of our crew. One fight was ongoing from the previous day between two riders who had issues. One rider went down on a gravelly onramp and was trailering home from Flagstaff. We rolled home that night cutting off an entire day. We made it home on 4th day.