Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Mom & Pop Motels

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 07:31 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

I tried the motels thingy in the the "Journeys" thread but it is to hard to update and it is restrictive because it's just my experiences. So I came up with an idea that is more inclusive. This is for good places you have stayed. If you put the city/town & State/Province in the title it will be a bit easier to search. Maybe a picture and a bit about the place. This would be for places you would come back or send people to.

I will start.....

A Western Rose

$180 a night for a single (about right for Cody in the summer), super clean, comfy bed, Motorcycle friendly, park in front of your door, bike wash station, coffee in the room, a few blocks from downtown. Great owner, busy in the summer, make sure you reserve. Irma hotel downtown was built by Buffalo Bill Cody. There's a gunfight in front of it every night but Sunday and they make a great Ruben sandwich.

Indian Lodge Motel

$130 a night single. Motorcycle friendly, they offered cleaning rags. Bike is right in front of the room. Super clean. Small fridge, coffee in the room, no Microwave. Walking distance to downtown that has nice outdoor restaurants and bars. Several specialty shops. Cheyenne Cafe a few blocks down has great breakfast but closes at 2. It's the first town coming North from Hells Canyon, or the last one heading south into it.

Best shower in a motel EVER!!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-03-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe Mc:
LoneWoolf (10-12-2017), t059736 (10-03-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 11:01 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Looking for recommendations for Cranbrook this Friday, anyone have any suggestions! Rockie.....

Old 07-26-2017, 11:13 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by jdw1
Looking for recommendations for Cranbrook this Friday, anyone have any suggestions! Rockie.....
Lazy Bear ..... Kootenay Country Inn

WhiskyJock said you get a free beer at the Lazy Bear. ??

Old 07-27-2017, 03:19 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In Santa Fe, NM try the Silver Saddle Motor courts. Built in the late 40's I believe. Biker friendly and a whopping $79.00 per night for the Roy Rogers suite. don't have a pic to post but its the classic motor court. park outside your room.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (07-27-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 08:35 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Default Lewiston, Idaho

Econolodge, downtown

Cheap and clean. Bike right In front of your door (request a ground floor room) a light Continental Breakfast. Microwave and Fridge. Coffee up in the office at 6 am. Smells like an old motel, AC unit makes a bit of noise. A couple blocks down the street is The Main Stree Grill. Excellent food and looks like a dinner out of the 50's.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:22 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Orofino Idaho
Konkleville Motel. Biker friendly with motorcycle parking, cleaning rags provided, good breakfast comes with the room, swimming pool. Best of all for $17 you get a baked potato, green salad with your choice of dressing and a good quality steak that you barby yourself on one of two big stainless barbecues. My motel of choice when I'm in this area. Be aware they don't do the steak on Sundays.

Barriere BC one hour north of Kamloops
Mountain Springs Motel. Clean rooms, friendly, quiet and not too expensive.

Last edited by Whiskyjock; 07-30-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:27 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

I don't care for small motels ever since Psycho. Always looking for mommy propped up in a window somewhere.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:26 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Johnny's Motel in Grand Forks,BC. Very clean and quiet,rooms are on the river,BBQ's if you desire and best of all-covered parking for your scoot.

Evergeen Motel in Libby,Montana.Small motel,pull your bike up to the door,very friendly staff and nicely updated rooms. Not much going on in Libby,but you are in the center of it.Don't have a picture of the place handy,but this welcome sign on the sidewalk is awesome!

The Historic Lund Hotel in Lund,BC. A bit on the pricey side,but well worth it for one of the deluxe rooms over looking the harbor and ocean.Also known as Mile Zero on the northern end of the PCH,even though it takes two ferry rides to get there.

A shameless plug for my friend's joint,Cable Cove Inn in Tofino,BC.Hotel prices this time of year can be insane on this little fishing/surfing/tourist outpost on the west coast of Vancouver Island,this is one of the more reasonable places that is on the water and in the center of town,only eight rooms and soon a private yurt on the water.

Last edited by tfi racing; 07-29-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

X2 for Johnny's

Quick Reply: Mom & Pop Motels