Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Mom & Pop Motels

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:30 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,216 Likes on 8,964 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskyjock
Orofino Idaho
Konkleville Motel. Biker friendly with motorcycle parking, cleaning rags provided, good breakfast comes with the room, swimming pool. Best of all for $17 you get a baked potato, green salad with your choice of dressing and a good quality steak that you barby yourself on one of two big stainless barbecues. My motel of choice when I'm in this area.

Barriere BC one hour north of Kamloops
Mountain Springs Motel. Clean rooms, friendly, quiet and not too expensive.
The one in Orofino is on my list. Sounds like a reason to ride there. Of course, I don't need much of a reason to ride anywhere. "Oh man, my windshield is bug free, I should fix that...."

Old 07-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Daytona Beach

SCOOT INN on US1 in Port Orange.
Probably built in the 50s or 60s. Clean as a whistle. Restaurants & bars within walking distance. Super friendly owners.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Great Falls Montana

If anyone is in or on there way through Great Falls Mt, I good place to tie up for the night is https://ohairemotorinn.com

Motorcycle friendly with free covered MC wash bay with soap and towels and water hose provided and free covered MC overnight parking, on site bar and restaurant with excellent food, sat in the "Sip 'n Dip" lounge and ate with live underwater entertainment. You just have to do it!
The place was built in 1963 but has been well maintained!

Very reasonably priced too!

Old 08-03-2017, 09:13 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,072 Likes on 2,556 Posts

We've stayed at a few but only after my wife read a lot of reviews. In some small towns, there's no a large chain hotel and you don't have any choice.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:19 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Robbinsville, NC

Tapoco Lodge--We stayed in one of the Cabin rooms and it was great. Decent restaurant and a bar, very unusual for that county.

The main lodge.

Cheoah Cabin Room 1

Covered motorcycle parking

Old 08-04-2017, 09:52 PM
2boxerdogs
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Golden West Motel in Klamath Falls OR. Owners can't do enough for you. Super clean! Park in front of room. Wipe down rags. Nice grass area with tables &'chairs to relax in and enjoy a beverage!

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,216 Likes on 8,964 Posts
Default Revelstoke, BC

Revelstoke Lodge

$120 a night CAN. Super friendly front desk guy. Parking in front of the room (request a downstairs room), coffee pots with real cups, clean and modern rooms. Tidy grounds, close to downtown. Motorcycle friendly..... made sure I got a room downstairs. Big comfy bed. Microwave & Fridge. Cross vent windows.

Revelstoke is a good central place to use as a base for a day or two. A very nice downtown area. A lot of community pride here.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:14 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

Here's two of my favorites:

Patrick Creek Lodge, the sign says it all! Gasguet, CA on 199 along the Smith River in the redwoods. It doesn't advertise itself as "biker friendly", but it's kind of been adopted. There's always been other bikes when we've stayed there. There's nothing within walking distance, but there's a restaurant and bar on site.

Feeding the koi at the Dogwood Motel Glide, OR. The owner really takes pride in his grounds, they're beautiful. If you're heading to Crater Lake via Roseburg, this is a great place along the North Umpqua River. No services here, but there's a little store and restaurant in Idleyld Park a few miles down, or if you want to splurge the Steamboat Inn is a few miles up. It's pretty hoighty-toighty, but breakfasts are reasonable. Also kitchenettes at the Dogwood are dirt cheap and the owner will let you use his grill.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Midnight Blue Rider
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribed: Thanks for another good thread, Rocky.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (08-07-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 09:14 PM
hdgeno777
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Creston Valley Motel in Creston BC was a great place to stay on our trip this year. Owners ride as well, so very biker friendly. It didn't hurt that there were 15 or 16 bikes there, and the wife and I got to sit and chat with many of them outside that night. Jimmy's Pub down the street made us a great dinner as well

Quick Reply: Mom & Pop Motels