Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
I had a place right in Sturgis last year, you're welcome to it.

I like your style, but the storms I have rode out there, you would have had a wet *** and most other body parts. Just saying.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:20 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

agreed----but a lot better than a sleeping bag

Old 02-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Two Jugs
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I’ve never had a problem finding rooms up there. Yes as of now they say they are all booked, but the truth of the matter with all the cancellations you will be fine. You will have to move most likely every couple days or even daily. But we have stayed in 300 dollar rooms for 100 dollars. And yes there has been one time I was severely verbally beaten by the O’lady because lmao she thought she was going to have to sleep on the ground for a night. What we had to do was ride over to Wyoming for the night. Now if your just planning on staying in the town of sturgis all bets are off. But if your will to look into the surrounding towns no problem. Personally I’ve never made reservations while traveling on a bike. I’m just to spontaneous, the weather to unpredictable and so forth.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:17 PM
RLeeRoat
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rooms in Sturgus

Originally Posted by hutch4
I’ve owned a Harley since 1975. We’ve never been to Sturgis for the rally. We decided to go this year. It seems to be to late to get a hotel room. I wondered if anyone new a place available. We would need a private room with a bathroom and a/c. It’s just my wife and I. Would like to stay two nights. Thanks
city web site lists lodging. Locals rent rooms, look for signs in yards. I rent my house out one floor and basement rooms by the room. Yard camp space in town is 10$ a person a night. If you want a hotel maybe drive it there ... lol. Every mile a thrill.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,757 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgmac11b
This is the first and likely only chance im going to get to go to sturgis. i liveless than 500 miles away and the whole family will be gone so why not? Granted its not a long ride, but you better believe i will be riding the sporty 883. Im anning on buying a military shelter half and camping at one of the campsites there. Big enough for just me and plenty small enough to pack on the bike. Taking a change of clothes and clean socks. No other riding gear. If it rains (i know it will) then ill just get wet. Im a former infantryman so ill be all set. Lol I just need recommendations on campsites. Thinking of glencoe only because its the only one i know of.
I would bring some rain gear, doesn't take up much room. No fun when a storm blows thru dropping the temperature and soaking you too the bone.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:53 PM
RLeeRoat
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve spent some time in coin laundromats there drying out. just have something to wrap yourself in lol. There’s a Walmart 17 miles east on I90. Or come camp in the yard. People leave tents there every year. Haul a tent in but haul T-shirt’s home so no room lol.
Catch me at Preschool Choppers 970 Main. We’ll find a corner for a shelter half n a sporty

Old 06-19-2018, 05:38 PM
AZrimriding17
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stugis, Buffalo Chips Concert Tickets

I can't make it to Sturgis this year due to Grand Child being born that week. However, I purchased Eric Church and Lynyrd Skynyrd tickets for Aug. 6-8th at the Buffalo Chip camp ground. Anyone interested in buying 2 tickets, will take best offer. I paid $165/ea willing to sell them cheap. Need a buyer before July 1st in order to transfer them. If I need to post this elsewhere, let me know as I'm new to the forum.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:16 AM
rnl_1200C
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
I had a place right in Sturgis last year, you're welcome to it.

What luggage is in the picture - is that saddlemen ?

Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 AM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

No-----ebayman

Old 06-22-2018, 03:38 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

From the back looks like my saddleman bag. Great bag with a rain cover built into the top.

Quick Reply: Sturgis