Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Big Bend National Park

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 10:12 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
Thanks, we are looking forward to this trip. We haven't been on a road trip together on the bikes in years. Twisted Sisters are next on the list, hopefully before it gets too hot.
You guys are going to have a great ride. Nice you can do it with your brother. Those unpaved roads I was talking about above are in Big Bend Ranch State Park, next to the national park.

The following users liked this post:
Cbyway (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 11:09 AM
67Shuv
Road Master

Received 385 Likes on 241 Posts

Well color me another one who hasn't been (since I've been a big boy grown up adult type) I'd love to ride Big Bend. I've worked all over that area. It's beautiful country.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgriz

You guys are going to have a great ride. Nice you can do it with your brother. Those unpaved roads I was talking about above are in Big Bend Ranch State Park, next to the national park.

Thanks for that information. I rented a quaint little trailer for the weekend in Terlingua near the old ghost town. The place doesn't look like much but has very high ratings. We are planning on spending the whole day east of there in the park.

Here is the place were are staying.
http://www.bigbendvacations.com/yellow

Last edited by Cbyway; 05-05-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

If you are looking to just explore the park then terlingua is the place to stay for sure. That being said, I would ride the road from presidio to terlingua, it is awsome. and some how go through fort davis.

I love it out there. last year I tent camped with my family for a week in the park and it was great. We went march 1st and weather was good

Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks for that information. I rented a quaint little trailer for the weekend in Terlingua near the old ghost town. The place doesn't look like much but has very high ratings. We are planning on spending the whole day east of there in the park.

Here is the place were are staying.
http://www.bigbendvacations.com/yellow
Great choice staying in Terlingua. I think I’ve messaged those folks that have that trailer through Airbnb for a trip I’m planning. Will be a good spot for you. Also, socializing with those characters on the porch in Terlingua by the Starlight on Saturday night at sundown should be memorable. If you have dinner Friday night at the Reatta in Alpine be careful riding down to Terlingua afterward...critters big and small all over that country and those dang margaritas aren’t going to do you any good😀

Old 05-08-2018, 08:33 AM
NowHere Man
Intermediate
Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
Default La Kiva

If in Terlingua, and you want to experience a "real" place go to La Kiva!!! Real people, great food, drinks and music. Big Bend is beautiful!

Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM
Stud Duck
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 103 Posts

I have no idea what the roads are like but my brother and I are riding down there on May 18th for the weekend. Two weeks from today as a matter of fact. We are riding down Friday, riding the park Saturday and humping it back Sunday. The Reata Restaurant is definitely on our schedule heading down there after looking at the menu. Looks like about 1500 miles over the course of those three days.
Looks like you will be heading out in the morning, Ride safe and have fun!!!
Wife and I plus two of our friends will be heading out Saturday morning to Kerrville, then Sunday morning one of the sister's before heading to Marfa for a couple of days. Its a shame i am not more organized, we could have figured a way to ride together, but you definitely got the rite idea riding with your brother and all. Come Wednesday morning heading to Cloud-croft NM, via Fort Davis if we hadn't already seen it by then. After that probably back down to Carlsbad and start plotting a course to get back home, (Houston) by Sunday the 27th.
Lots of good ideas on this thread, Reata Restaurant, Fort Davis, and La Kiva. Feel free to steer me in the rite direction if any body has any other good ideas, thanks!
Daniel

Old 05-20-2018, 06:37 AM
Stud Duck
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 103 Posts

Made it to Kerrville yesterday, now of to Marfa!

Old 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM
67Shuv
Road Master

Received 385 Likes on 241 Posts

You owe it to yourself to look up Cowboy's steakhouse in Kerrville. Top notch place. I don't miss it when I'm out there.

The following users liked this post:
Stud Duck (05-20-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:31 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Stud Duck
Looks like you will be heading out in the morning, Ride safe and have fun!!!
Wife and I plus two of our friends will be heading out Saturday morning to Kerrville, then Sunday morning one of the sister's before heading to Marfa for a couple of days. Its a shame i am not more organized, we could have figured a way to ride together, but you definitely got the rite idea riding with your brother and all. Come Wednesday morning heading to Cloud-croft NM, via Fort Davis if we hadn't already seen it by then. After that probably back down to Carlsbad and start plotting a course to get back home, (Houston) by Sunday the 27th.
Lots of good ideas on this thread, Reata Restaurant, Fort Davis, and La Kiva. Feel free to steer me in the rite direction if any body has any other good ideas, thanks!
Daniel
No reports from visits over the past couple of weeks (Cbyway)???

Last edited by rossn2; 05-25-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Big Bend National Park