Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Deals Gap in June.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:53 AM
107inMO
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 85 Posts

Just my opinion. But Everybody will ask if you rode the Dragon. You have to so you can say yes. But I enjoy the Cherohala much more. Less traffic. Better scenery.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,319 Likes on 3,267 Posts

To me now, the Dragon is just a way to get somewhere, even with my wife on the back, I let squids go by and keep on going, it’s just a ford after you’ve done it more than a dozen times...

Old 04-22-2018, 05:08 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

To me it sounds like you'll only have time to get enough riding in the area to leave you itching for more. SO many great roads over there. Plan on another trip in the near future. Meanwhile do the Dragon, get the photo and say been there done that.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:11 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
2 wheel in is a nice place...if you go east you can get to Wayah road, take it to Franklin then take 28 “the moonshiners highway” to fontana then hit the dragon...

Two of my favorite roads. Highly recommended. I think we spent the night on London last year and there was a very nice HD shop there. Smokey Mountain HD in Maryville, TN is one of my favorites.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:27 AM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,354 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by Grandslam
Two of my favorite roads. Highly recommended. I think we spent the night on London last year and there was a very nice HD shop there. Smokey Mountain HD in Maryville, TN is one of my favorites.
I assume you're talking about Wildcat HD in London? It's just down the road from the hotel we're staying at on the way down. Thought we might ride over and check it out in the morning before heading on to Robbinsville.

Might stop by Smokey Mountain HD on the way home.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:44 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk6
I assume you're talking about Wildcat HD in London? It's just down the road from the hotel we're staying at on the way down. Thought we might ride over and check it out in the morning before heading on to Robbinsville.

Might stop by Smokey Mountain HD on the way home.
There are several Smokey Mountain HDs. Several are just Teeshirt stores like the one they have on 129 before you get to the Dragon. The big store is the one in Maryville which 129 will take you most of the way to. This store is on 129 a little ways past where the Foothills Pky runs into 129.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 05-01-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,717 Likes on 6,881 Posts

Sounds like an awesome trip!

We are a little less than 4 hours to the Dragon and usually go every year. Have stayed at the Two Wheel Inn a couple of times and like it.

Just make sure you don’t leave any parts on the “Tree of Shame”.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,319 Likes on 3,267 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

We are a little less than 4 hours to the Dragon and usually go every year. Have stayed at the Two Wheel Inn a couple of times and like it.

That tree, I tell you it’s getting pretty full

The following 2 users liked this post by Notgrownup:
Cosmic Razorback (05-01-2018), smitty901 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 08:15 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,354 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
There are several Smokey Mountain HDs. Several are just Teeshirt stores like the one they have on 129 before you get to the Dragon. The big store is the one in Maryville which 129 will take you most of the way to. This store is on 129 a little ways past where the Foothills Pky runs into 129.

Yeah, the one in Maryville is the one we might stop at. Figured we'd also stop at the one on 129 before the Dragon just to take a break before riding the rest of the way to Robbinsville.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback

Should be a good time. Looking forward to spending the time with my son. No intentions on leaving anything on that tree, we're just cruising and enjoying the ride. Not looking to set any records... Praying for good weather!

Old 05-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,717 Likes on 6,881 Posts

I got to tell you a funny story about the HD T-Shirt shop listed in the picture above.

Last May my wife and I rode to Pigeon Forge for our anniversary and spent a log weekend. We were riding back and she wanted to ride the Dragon again. So we stopped at this shop/store and there was a guy in the parking lot with a cooker selling hot dogs. We went inside the store and saw a guy walking up the stairs with his hotdog paying more attention to the dog then where he was going. He stumbled on the top step, was trying to keep from falling while moving forward all the time trying to save his dog. He fell into the glass door, it swing open with a bang and he and the dog went face first on the floor with ketchup and mustard everywhere. After we knew he was okay and the only loss was his dog we all got a big laugh out of it.

The following users liked this post:
firehawk6 (05-02-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deals Gap in June.