Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,050 Likes on 8,896 Posts

Originally Posted by 5wheels
[QUOTE[color=#222222]For Jays lost baby...... his ride is the Yellow Shovel]
Sorry for your friend. Nothing worse than losing a child.
Eddy[/QUOTE]

A sad day

Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 PM
Whiskyjock
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

My heart goes out to Jay and his wife. Can't imagine their pain , and on fathers day.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:05 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

So sorry to read of Jay's loss. We lost a daughter at birth. One of the hardest nights of my life. Her birthday is June 23 -- this Saturday. Although I still think of her as an infant, she would now be in her late 20s; several years older than her mother was when she was born. Mostly, it comforts us to know that she is assured of a place in heaven. We try not to mourn on her birthday but to focus on the hope we have in the resurrection and our confidence that we will see her again. We usually have a little birthday party for her. Maybe it's weird or morbid or something, but she is still our daughter and we enjoy remembering that she is part of our family and always will be.

God bless Jay and his wife and family.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:50 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I got lazy when I got back from Vancouver and did not post up the ride.... also, Jays family loss took the wind out of my sails. So I will update to current. I have not been able to get out like I did the previous two years, because of life and work. I am not going to be doing much of anything in July either, but I hold out hope for August. We will see how it goes. This long weekend in Canada was a wash out, as it rained most of it here, so I did not get away either. A few short rides around town, and a some back and forth from Kimberley to Cranbrook, but that was all.... I did not even get out today due to the persistent rain. It is almost like summer is one month behind, it is more like the end of May, not the beginning of July.

I will back this up to my Vancouver ride of several weeks ago..... The pictures are in no particular order.....

The Obligatory Bear, Darla, Rocky and Atlas picture when ready to leave.... that little dog really wants to leave when I do. He would make a great traveling companion.

for Wayne and Maybelle..... North side of the Fraser river heading east towards Hope.

For CT Classics Dad..... heading into the Fraser Canyon north of hope and into the tunnels.

This is in Boston Bar. I use to live in this house back in the early 70's when I worked at the sawmill there. My room was the top floor, back room. It is now a restaurant, and they make the best pie ever....

For Travis ..... heading east out of Spencer's Bridge towards Merrit.

for Don Knotts..... up and over the Okanogan Connector towards Kamploops on my way to Vernon.

The following 2 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
fireman031967 (07-03-2018), Papa G (07-05-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 04:55 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Love what you are doing. How the weather clears soon.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 05:05 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Now out of Vernon and on my way back to Cranbrook. I took Hwy 6 and both boats to Creston. Some of the picts might be repeats, as i left this too long and out of order.... enjoy the doubles if they are....

No pictures from Vernon, I just got into the ride. this is the first ferry crossing.

For Kobe ..... the view north from the first boat.

NightTrains friend and wife...... a beautiful mountain stream between New Denver and Kaslo

Jonny Chop ..... second boat crossing Kootenay lake, looking North.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:19 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Random missed shots.... the new format does not like more than six images at a time, so no bulk loading....

for Larry ...... between Spencer's Bridge and Merrit, beautiful motorcycle road and country.

for Scotty ..... looking back at the ferry landing at the first boat.

Met some folks from Calgary who where staying in Vernon and doing day trips.

Dan Stone and Darla.

Second Boat, I was first off and got the lake road all the way to Creston to myself.

for Rob, "One hell of a Marine" .... I don't know where this is, somewhere on the journey.....

Old 07-02-2018, 05:34 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Some Fathers Day shots..... these are all for Jay, his wife and the Lost baby.......

Fisher Peak....

.... Fort Steel/Bull river road, looking North West towards the Columbia Mountains.....

... one hell of a motorcycle....

.... Take 5 Ranch, unmolested.....

.... just south of Bull River, looking North....

...Ha Ha creek road, looking North towards Baker Mountain.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:53 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Well, I am all caught up now.... I think.... anyway, as I said, July will be local only, and maybe I will get away in August, depending on this and that. The weather looks to clear up so I should be able to ride the eGlide down to town and the Pan around during the day. My office person is taking a few weeks off, so i will be "on the phones" for a bit.

Anyway, here is one last shot of my back catalogue.

The Pan in all her glory.......

When you ride this Motorcycle, all five of your senses are heightened and are interlaced with all four dimensions that are present..... your heart soars..... this is no mere motorcycle on a road, it becomes an extension of your soul, of your very existence... and you are transformed in a place, and a space, that seems impossible to comprehend, never mind try and describe.... i can only be felt ... experienced ... consumed.

fireman031967 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 09:35 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Thank you for the tribute Rocky!

mom drove down today, 250 miles, her birthday is tomorrow, “90” !

CanadianRocky (07-02-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....