Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

North to Alaska from NC

Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM
NowHere Man
Intermediate
Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Stopped in to visit my girlfriend Danny D, Frank and Mike were out pickin. She tried to give me money and get me to take her for a ride, sorry to disappoint her. Since I'm used to being broke, don't need the money, got my own sweet thang at home. Sorry to disappoint her... sorry just woke up from a long interstate ride. Danny D was not there. Just a bunch of tourists...

The following 3 users liked this post by NowHere Man:
HarryJ (12-06-2019), Marc Evo (11-23-2019), Willi (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 07:48 PM
NowHere Man
Intermediate
Default Alaska trip

I used the 2 30 oz bottles twice, once for myself and once for a brother stranded. Never used the gallon, but it provided piece of mind. Glad I brought it. On way up the haul road there is gas just after that long wood planks bridge. I was looking for it because a brother had told me about it. When I crossed, it was raining big time, I missed the gas because I couldn't see good. Turned around and found it. If I didn't get gas there, I would have needed the gallon plus two 30 ozs.

The following 2 users liked this post by NowHere Man:
AKJames (08-12-2018), Paul Pisano (12-06-2019)
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 PM
wid
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default small world

I have clicked on this thread a few times over the last month but I did not put 2 & 2 together - we crossed paths today in La Claire IA at the Pickers store
safe travels - i enjoyed talking with you today

Old 07-14-2018, 05:16 PM
NowHere Man
Intermediate
Default Small world

Thank wid, I agree it is a small world. I enjoyed talking with you as well. It is amazing how many of the folks that I ran into on this trip that I crossed paths with again and sometimes again. The trip was great, Alaska and Canada are beautiful. I think the best part was the people along the way. It's also a personal journey and good for the soul. I'm working my way through the beauty of West Virginia and Virginia. I plan on staying tommorow night at one of my favorite spots at mm 248 Freeborns. Jenny and T are awesome at the bar. Stations Inn is good too. Great places for motorcycle people.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:39 PM
zacklou
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NowHere Man
Thank wid, I agree it is a small world. I enjoyed talking with you as well. It is amazing how many of the folks that I ran into on this trip that I crossed paths with again and sometimes again. The trip was great, Alaska and Canada are beautiful. I think the best part was the people along the way. It's also a personal journey and good for the soul. I'm working my way through the beauty of West Virginia and Virginia. I plan on staying tommorow night at one of my favorite spots at mm 248 Freeborns. Jenny and T are awesome at the bar. Stations Inn is good too. Great places for motorcycle people.
I made that drive abet in a SUV 12 years ago. Wife, kid, and I took six days to get to Las Vegas. I wish we had spent more time smelling the flowers. We started in Anchorage and drove south to Vegas during the first week of June entering the United States in Montana. I lived in Anchorage for five years while serving in the Air Force and fell in love with all things Alaska. I did not ride in Alaska, my Harley was my retirement gift to myself. I just bought a Sport Glide and hope to make that drive one more time. Everytime I read these trip reports I get more and more motivated.

The following users liked this post:
Paul Pisano (12-06-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 05:18 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

badass. I watched some of those adventure bike videos up the dalton to the Arctic Ocean. It all looks nerve wracking on that road

Old 11-21-2019, 05:11 AM
ROUNDHEAD
Road Master
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks great. Would love to try sometime.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:53 PM
NowHere Man
Intermediate

I appreciate the fact that folks still occasionally look at the post. It was the first and only that I have attempted (post that it is...I still ride lots). I strongly encourage anyone with the desire to do the Alaska or any long distance adventure to DO IT!!!! I am currently saving my pennies with the hope of trying to make it far north east, maybe next year up to L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland. Big trips are expensive even when you try to go low budget, they are hard on the body (particularly as we get older) but man are they good for the soul.

The following 5 users liked this post by NowHere Man:
CanadianRocky (11-22-2019), EddieBrock (11-22-2019), mtgriz (12-05-2019), Paul Pisano (12-06-2019), unclerog (11-24-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,314 Likes on 2,198 Posts

Alaska is on my bucket list. Maybe when I retire in about 4 years. Great pics and nice ride report.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:17 PM
Tjroadie
Cruiser
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

My trip to Hyder,Ak was my last big ride with my Father in law in 2015 He graduated to Heaven on the road to the sun in 2018 and a black bear took him out. Some of the best times of my life!

The following users liked this post:
NowHere Man (11-25-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North to Alaska from NC