Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Road trip from Alberta to Colorado, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:00 AM
Rodzilla71
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Road trip from Alberta to Colorado, suggestions?

I have a week to take a little road trip. Going to cross border north of Kalispell and zig zag my way down to Red Lodge, then take the BearTooth Highway. Then head down towards Cody, not going to Yellowstone, been there before. Only other plan is to Hit the Million Dollar Highway and then head over on my way back and run up pikes peak. Then visit friends in Greeley. If I'm making decent time I might hit Black Hills & Mount Rushmore, been before but not on a bike. Theres lots of miles in between Beartooth and Million Dollar Highway, any suggestions for places I shouldn't miss in between. I am going to tent most days, no plans to set any pace, just going to relax and enjoy the ride

Old 06-23-2018, 08:38 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

Rocky Mountain National Park. Loveland Pass. I have only been through Colorado once but I hit both of them. When you going?

Old 06-23-2018, 09:13 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 395 Posts

If you go thru Buffalo, WY stop in at The Dash Inn and get the rib plate. Open Tue - Sat.
The road from Jackson, Wy to Rock Springs is a nice ride. As is the riding to Vernal, Ut thru Dinosour, CO to Montrose, CO Which way you going since your skipping YS?

Old 06-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Rodzilla71
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Rocky Mountain National Park. Loveland Pass. I have only been through Colorado once but I hit both of them. When you going?
Thanks, my plan is to head out after lunch tomorrow.

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
If you go thru Buffalo, WY stop in at The Dash Inn and get the rib plate. Open Tue - Sat.
The road from Jackson, Wy to Rock Springs is a nice ride. As is the riding to Vernal, Ut thru Dinosour, CO to Montrose, CO Which way you going since your skipping YS?
I was thinking Jackson to Rock Springs also( I have friends also near there in Green River that I would like to stop at) but to get to Jackson from the east looks like you have to go through a portion of YS park, or a big detour around?

Old 06-23-2018, 10:47 PM
gunnar
Cruiser

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

You may need a bit more than a week with that itinerary, but sounds like a nice trip.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:21 AM
Rodzilla71
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gunnar
You may need a bit more than a week with that itinerary, but sounds like a nice trip.
Ya,,,I'm thinking so too. Probably scrub the million dollar highway this time as I only have a week.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Green River, Manila, Vernal, Dinosaur, Rangely,(el Agave in Rangely has great margaritas and very good Mexican food), Fruita, Grand Junction, Montrose, Ridgeway, Ouray, ........ Durango.
Have a great trip

http://www.motorcyclecolorado.com/great_roads.htm

Old 06-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Rodzilla71
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Vernal
Green River, Manila, Vernal, Dinosaur, Rangely,(el Agave in Rangely has great margaritas and very good Mexican food), Fruita, Grand Junction, Montrose, Ridgeway, Ouray, ........ Durango.
Have a great trip

exactly the way I will go from green river if I get that far. I used to work in the grand junction/rifle area. Nice area, minus all the tweekers.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodzilla71

exactly the way I will go from green river if I get that far. I used to work in the grand junction/rifle area. Nice area, minus all the tweekers.
I also worked in that area, sure has changed.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:14 PM
05UltraBob
Road Master
Received 453 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernal
Have a great trip

Damn..... I have done all those rides at least 3 times!

Quick Reply: Road trip from Alberta to Colorado, suggestions?