Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ozarks in September

Old 09-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

I have always wanted to tour the Ozarks but now I`m afraid of the Mexican Cartel and the Kansas City Mob.

The following 2 users liked this post by Qdog002:
OKMICK (09-16-2018), Tired (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:41 PM
107inMO
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 85 Posts

I know what you mean about the Hub! If you think motel 6 is a luxury room then the hub was ok! We like to stay in Harrison at Quality Inn. Very bike friendly.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
My group stayed at the Best Western Eureka Inn (https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-details.04085.html?&iata=00170260&ssob=PSPBM0304G& cid=PSPBM0304G:google:US+%7C+Properties+%7C+Exact: best+western+eureka+inn&gclid=CjwKCAjwlejcBRAdEiwA Abj6KZ-S2hP4ym5r9FOOw0PxFlneGZLu2_JrKHSiaRFwrPwKQfIL8TOnM xoCa8QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds.ds). There are two Best Westerns in Eureka Springs, about a mile apart, so make sure you know which one you're looking at. The other one is called Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. Confusingly similar names and to make it worse they are both on Van Buren Street, one on East Van Buren, one on West Van Buren. I don't know anything about the other one, I can only comment on the Eureka Inn.

Anyway, the Eureka Inn has a GREAT free breakfast buffet (the best I've ever had anywhere, all freshly cooked--biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits etc....), plus a nice pool and separate hot tub room. It is right at the intersection with the street that runs into town, which is good because parking is sketchy in town, so it's better to walk to bars/restaurants. There is supposedly a trolley, but I saw it once in the 4 nights we were there. I wouldn't want to rely on it. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accomodating.
I stayed at this Best Western last Memorial Day weekend and agree about about the breakfast buffet. Tons of bacon. I would agree that its probably one of the best breakfast spreads I've had at any hotel. The rooms have exterior doors so you can be somewhat close to your bike. The rooms otherwise are just average, but they also don't cost an arm and a leg.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Appreciate all the info guys. It looks like Florence will not impact my ride now after all so I'll save the Ozarks for another time.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan28
I stayed at this Best Western last Memorial Day weekend and agree about about the breakfast buffet. Tons of bacon. I would agree that its probably one of the best breakfast spreads I've had at any hotel. The rooms have exterior doors so you can be somewhat close to your bike. The rooms otherwise are just average, but they also don't cost an arm and a leg.
And if you are a HOG member, there is a HOG member discount at BW hotels.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:42 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
And if you are a HOG member, there is a HOG member discount at BW hotels.
I didn't know that then, and I actually was still a HOG member during that trip as I think I had a month to go from buying my street glide. I originally was going to camp on that trip but when I got down there due to the heat, decided I wanted some air conditioning so I booked the hotel through the Expedia app on my phone.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:52 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 630 Likes on 502 Posts

stayed in ureka a few years ago at the tall pines inn, oldest cabins in the area. parking next to each cabin pool biker bar with food right across the street and on the trolley stop.

Last edited by bigdumbnoitall00; 09-14-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-2018, 12:47 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Ozarks have some really nice rides. Excellent place to base camp tour from. Not so big so out and back day trips are the way to go. Nice pavement and not tons of traffic away from the major cities in the area. We stayed in Hollister MO which is a 20-25 minute ride from Harrison. I think I would stay in Eureka Springs or Harrison next time. We totally didn't luck out with the weather, rain on every ride, even coming to and heading back home. Hot too, this was mid July so should have known better. The rain was relentless though. I'm thinking now through October probably a great time to go there though. I bet its heavenly down there with fall color changes and cooler, drier conditions.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I would recommend the 1929 Hotel Seville in Harrison. It's pretty much right between Branson and Eureka Springs and we've stayed there half a dozen times or so. I'd also recommend staying in Mountain View, there's some quaint lodging right off the town square.

So many folks coming to ride in Arkansas seem to think Eureka Springs is the only destination spot in the Ozarks, when as a nearby resident (live 2 hours away) I seldom go there.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:56 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Mt View is great. Bluegrass pickers play in the park and courthouse square.... some VERY good. Ya just wander around and listen to the different groups.

Some of my favorite roads are between Mt View and Marshal.l They are excellent! Good views, up and down, into valleys, through old little towns. Not convenient tourist loops but great riding and peek into rural life up there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ozarks in September