Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ozarks in September

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Ozarks in September

Hey folks,

So I had a nice ride planned for next week covering some fantastic riding roads in west NC/TN/VA area but apparently there's one of dem there hurricanes hitting the coast this weekend which means much rain in those areas for the first half of next week.

Now I'm thinking I'll "go west" and head towards the Ozarks. Rode there last year and enjoyed the roads and the area. Since this trip is very last minute I haven't had time to research a route, where to stay/eat, etc. so I'll be flying by the seat of my pants.

Question - I know that Eureka Springs can be heavy with traffic in the summer time but what should I expect next week? Also, would Branson, MO still be a zoo next week?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:20 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

BB & BBQ is happening week after next. 1,000s upon 1,000s of bike but riding is still great during that time. Also Rally in the Qzarks is happening I think this weekend.

https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/

The following users liked this post:
Dark Knight (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 PM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 196 Likes on 141 Posts

Eureka and Branson both will be a little less crowded now it is school time again. Weekdays for sure less volume. Still will have a lot of the retired folks.
The elk are beginning to stir in Boxely Valley. Will be crowded if they are, but it is cool to see and easy to find them. Maybe not so crowded on weekdays. Bugling, chasing, stand offs and the occasional battle

Weather so far looks good, subject to change... Harrison is a good hub.

Last edited by road king Q; 09-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Dark Knight (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:34 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Lodging of any type will be next to impossible to find with BBB going on the next week. You need to search and book RFN if going. It is a huge rally that like Sturgis covers everything 100 miles around!!!

Dark Knight (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks guys.

I'd be planning on leaving this Sunday to beat the rain from the storm here so from what I see there aren't any rallys this coming week so I should be okay from that regard.

I stayed at the Hub the last time I was out there. It was....let's just say less than what I had expected. I'd plan on staying in Eureka Springs this time around.

Anything else I should be aware of?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Mertoid
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I just booked a spot for the motorhome at the Eureka Springs KOA for the week before the rally. I looked all around the town and it's about the last space available. Hope the weather holds.
We're going that way due to the wet weather to the east, we'd originally planned to stay near Maggie Valley and ride the BRP and Smokies.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

My cousins who live in the area want me to come down to ride with them for the event but I have to work so maybe next year.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Tnmountainrider
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I just got back from the area, lots of motels seem available at Eureka Springs. Temps was pleasant.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Uncle Salty
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Hub closed last December anyway so it's not in play. I've been there a couple of times and would go back if Debbie and Randal still had it open.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:31 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

My group stayed at the Best Western Eureka Inn (https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-details.04085.html?&iata=00170260&ssob=PSPBM0304G& cid=PSPBM0304G:google:US+%7C+Properties+%7C+Exact: best+western+eureka+inn&gclid=CjwKCAjwlejcBRAdEiwA Abj6KZ-S2hP4ym5r9FOOw0PxFlneGZLu2_JrKHSiaRFwrPwKQfIL8TOnM xoCa8QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds.ds). There are two Best Westerns in Eureka Springs, about a mile apart, so make sure you know which one you're looking at. The other one is called Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. Confusingly similar names and to make it worse they are both on Van Buren Street, one on East Van Buren, one on West Van Buren. I don't know anything about the other one, I can only comment on the Eureka Inn.

Anyway, the Eureka Inn has a GREAT free breakfast buffet (the best I've ever had anywhere, all freshly cooked--biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits etc....), plus a nice pool and separate hot tub room. It is right at the intersection with the street that runs into town, which is good because parking is sketchy in town, so it's better to walk to bars/restaurants. There is supposedly a trolley, but I saw it once in the 4 nights we were there. I wouldn't want to rely on it. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accomodating.

Last edited by TKDKurt; 09-13-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Ozarks in September